Sports Injury

How to confirm whether the pain and inflammation in ankle is due to sprain or fracture?

Query: Hi doctor, My husband is an active person who plays badminton, football, and running regularly. He also attends the gym. He met with a sports injury in his right ankle. We thought that as a muscle sprain and kept icing. He recovered 80% in two days but used Volini or Oxalgin gel regularly. After so...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have been through your reports. Your x-rays and CT are normal. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The point you have marked indicates the attachment of anterior talofibular ligament. So it could be a sprain of that ligament. Just do intrinsic muscle st...  Read Full »

Why does my left arm keep twitching?

Query: Hello doctor,  Recently, I have been playing quite a lot of sport. However, my left bicep seems to be going into spasm or is twitching. There is no pain, but I cannot stop it. Please help. It is only on my left arm.  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Naidu

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the entire history of yours and my findings and suggestions are as follows: Muscle twitching is a common scenario in people playing sports, especially if you do strengthening exercises. You mentioned that you play sports, but I am not sure which on...  Read Full »

Why do I have a bump on the bone in my foot?

Query: Hello doctor, I am concerned about a bone lump on my right foot in the tarsal area, probably talus, or calcaneus. I am not really sure. It is located on the right side of my right foot below the ankle joint. I am attaching pictures of me pointing at the spot. There is a small ganglion near it but I...  Read Full »

Dr. Firas Arnaout

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity) I understand that you are concerned about a lump in your right midfoot on the outer side. The probable cause is a benign bony prominence. However, differential diagnoses include a...  Read Full »

How can I manage burning pain in calves after exercising?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a constant problem with my calves whenever I do exercise, or even walk up the stairs. I am a keen field hockey player and can run very fast in short bursts, however, within five or so minutes my calves burn even though I do not feel tired. When I massage my calves, they also hurt ...  Read Full »

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you mentioned about the calf muscle pain, this should be related to the footwear you been using. Are you having a flat foot? Also, what type of shoe you are using. As any shoe being used in sports should be flexible and also should be having good material. The har...  Read Full »

Is there a possibility to get a complete cure of sports injury?

Query: Hi doctor,Two years ago, I felt a pop while playing football. My physiotherapist said Ihave torn my cartilage and so, he advised me to take rest. It felt good. After 18 months, when I played football again for some half an hour, I felt the pain. So, I visited a different physiotherapist, and he advi...  Read Full »

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for providing a brief history. As you had this injury persisting from 2 years now, I will advise getting a proper examination with the physiotherapist you been seeing for now and provide me the reports. Because the muscles must have got weaker and there wi...  Read Full »

How can the muscle pain in fibula be cured?

Query: Hello doctor,Last week, I went to play basketball for 3 to 4 days and after playing, there was muscle pain in fibula part of the leg. And if I take one day rest, and again go to play, then again the pain resumes. Please suggest me some cure.  Read Full »

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As this pain looks to be more of muscle fatigue. As the fatigue is going to set in because of a less muscular part in the leg region. Mostly the anterior portion of the leg pains which is the fascia pain. You can use icing to reduce the pain. For having a good sports...  Read Full »

There is no movement in toe after foot injury while playing. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, Injured foot in football four days back, badly bruised, very little pain but now have no movement in the fourth toe.  Read Full »

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about the injury. The first thing you should do now is to take an X-ray for a safety case. Ignoring cannot be beneficial. Usually, the fracture is uncommon but still have to take an X-ray to rule out any fracture possibility. Also, for now, do icing and...  Read Full »

My leg muscles are very sore after I started playing sports. Can you help?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been playing volleyball, basketball, and athletics for around two weeks, but my leg muscles are still sore. Standing in the same position gives some relief. When someone touches my legs even softly, they ache hard. It is paining around my ankles and knees mainly. With this thin...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most common reason for muscle cramps and leg pain is either dehydration or electrolyte abnormalities such as abnormally low levels of magnesium, calcium, sodium, or potassium. Without doing blood work, it is hard to say exactly but I would recommend drinking more w...  Read Full »

Can hip labral tear and sports hernia both be addressed in the same surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a right side hip labral tear and a probable sports hernia on the same side. Can both these issues be addressed in the same surgery, or do they have to be addressed in separate surgeries?  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It can be tackled in the same anesthesia and surgery. Hip labral repairs or excision is done arthroscopically and after that, the surgery for sports hernia can be done either open or endoscopically. So, it can be done in the same sitting of anesthesia. Before the surge...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for frequent urination and excessive thirst?

Query: Hello doctor, My weight is 90 kg and height is 181 cm. I am a fighter by profession. Four days ago, after finishing three hours of outdoor training, I had severe lower flank pain on both sides. Since then, I am having frequent urination at an average of four times at night and 15 times during the d...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand that you are worried about your health and the urinary system issues. It may be urinary tract infection or fluid and electrolytes imbalances. In both these conditions, we can see such symptoms. It is good to continue having plenty of fluids. Do not perfor...  Read Full »