Sports Injury

Why do I have a bump on the bone in my foot?

Query: Hello doctor, I am concerned about a bone lump on my right foot in the tarsal area, probably talus, or calcaneus. I am not really sure. It is located on the right side of my right foot below the ankle joint. I am attaching pictures of me pointing at the spot. There is a small ganglion near it but I...  Read Full »

Dr. Firas Arnaout

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity) I understand that you are concerned about a lump in your right midfoot on the outer side. The probable cause is a benign bony prominence. However, differential diagnoses include a...  Read Full »

How is a nose fracture diagnosed?

Query: Hi doctor, While playing volleyball game today, I think my nose hit my teammate's leg when we were going after the ball. Now, my nose hurts. When I try to move it, I hear a cracking noise. Also, I think it is swollen. Would my nose be broken? Should I meet my athletic trainer?  Read Full »

Dr. Srinidhi Ravi

Allergy Specialist, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A cracking noise and a swollen nose are suggestive of a broken nose. It means there could be a fracture in the nasal bones. Another symptom would be bleeding from the nose at the time of injury. In case of a nasal fracture there will be a lot of swelling over the nose...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for muscle pain over the chest.

Query: Hi doctor, A few months ago, I had pain in my left chest. I was referred to a cardiologist just in case it was the heart problem. All the tests, including CT, treadmill, echo, 24-hours Holter returned negative. I was informed that it was likely being sports injury, possibly tennis and nothing to wor...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history. It seems that the pain has currently settled down. It is good to hear that you have already ruled out the cardiac causes of left shoulder or arm pain and all the test results are good. There is no need for further investigation by a sp...  Read Full »

How to confirm whether the pain and inflammation in ankle is due to sprain or fracture?

Query: Hi doctor, My husband is an active person who plays badminton, football, and running regularly. He also attends the gym. He met with a sports injury in his right ankle. We thought that as a muscle sprain and kept icing. He recovered 80% in two days but used Volini or Oxalgin gel regularly. After so...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have been through your reports. Your x-rays and CT are normal. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The point you have marked indicates the attachment of anterior talofibular ligament. So it could be a sprain of that ligament. Just do intrinsic muscle st...  Read Full »

Why does my left arm keep twitching?

Query: Hello doctor,  Recently, I have been playing quite a lot of sport. However, my left bicep seems to be going into spasm or is twitching. There is no pain, but I cannot stop it. Please help. It is only on my left arm.  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Naidu

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the entire history of yours and my findings and suggestions are as follows: Muscle twitching is a common scenario in people playing sports, especially if you do strengthening exercises. You mentioned that you play sports, but I am not sure which on...  Read Full »

How can I manage burning pain in calves after exercising?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a constant problem with my calves whenever I do exercise, or even walk up the stairs. I am a keen field hockey player and can run very fast in short bursts, however, within five or so minutes my calves burn even though I do not feel tired. When I massage my calves, they also hurt ...  Read Full »

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you mentioned about the calf muscle pain, this should be related to the footwear you been using. Are you having a flat foot? Also, what type of shoe you are using. As any shoe being used in sports should be flexible and also should be having good material. The har...  Read Full »

Is there a possibility to get a complete cure of sports injury?

Query: Hi doctor,Two years ago, I felt a pop while playing football. My physiotherapist said Ihave torn my cartilage and so, he advised me to take rest. It felt good. After 18 months, when I played football again for some half an hour, I felt the pain. So, I visited a different physiotherapist, and he advi...  Read Full »

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for providing a brief history. As you had this injury persisting from 2 years now, I will advise getting a proper examination with the physiotherapist you been seeing for now and provide me the reports. Because the muscles must have got weaker and there wi...  Read Full »

How can the muscle pain in fibula be cured?

Query: Hello doctor,Last week, I went to play basketball for 3 to 4 days and after playing, there was muscle pain in fibula part of the leg. And if I take one day rest, and again go to play, then again the pain resumes. Please suggest me some cure.  Read Full »

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As this pain looks to be more of muscle fatigue. As the fatigue is going to set in because of a less muscular part in the leg region. Mostly the anterior portion of the leg pains which is the fascia pain. You can use icing to reduce the pain. For having a good sports...  Read Full »

There is no movement in toe after foot injury while playing. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, Injured foot in football four days back, badly bruised, very little pain but now have no movement in the fourth toe.  Read Full »

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about the injury. The first thing you should do now is to take an X-ray for a safety case. Ignoring cannot be beneficial. Usually, the fracture is uncommon but still have to take an X-ray to rule out any fracture possibility. Also, for now, do icing and...  Read Full »

My leg muscles are very sore after I started playing sports. Can you help?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been playing volleyball, basketball, and athletics for around two weeks, but my leg muscles are still sore. Standing in the same position gives some relief. When someone touches my legs even softly, they ache hard. It is paining around my ankles and knees mainly. With this thin...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most common reason for muscle cramps and leg pain is either dehydration or electrolyte abnormalities such as abnormally low levels of magnesium, calcium, sodium, or potassium. Without doing blood work, it is hard to say exactly but I would recommend drinking more w...  Read Full »