Q. I hurt my left ankle after playing a sport and it is not healing. Why?

I got a wound on my left ankle two weeks ago, while playing kabaddi and it is not getting cured. I did the basic first aid but still, there is no improvement. Please give me the reason and suggestion.

Dr.Krishna Sunil Shah
BPTH
Physiotherapy

• I would like you to describe your wound, whether it is an open wound or a closed wound with a swelling and blood clot. Have you gone for an X-Ray or MRI? Did you experience any twisting in your ankle while getting injured?
  • If it is an open wound, you will have to do a regular dressing with betadine ointment application twice a day and also rule out factors like diabetes since it is taking time to heal.
  • If it is a closed wound, you will have to keep an ice pack for 10 to 15 minutes twice or thrice a day and also start with ankle toe exercise. Keep me updated so that I can help you with your problem.

Thanks.

For more information consult a physiotherapist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/physiotherapist

* expert medical advice guaranteed.

Ask a Physiotherapist »
* expert medical advice guaranteed.