Q. MRI shows 'intermediate signal intensity lesion in endometrial cavity. ' What is it?

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

My mother aged 55 years got an MRI with an observation of 'intermediate signal intensity lesion noted in the endometrial cavity measuring 19x28x24, in the fundal body region with loss of endometrial interface. Tethering of sigmoid colon with distal ileal loops to the uterus in fundus region.'

#

With this report, there is a possibility of malignancy. Cancer of the uterus is more likely.

Do CA 125 level, CT scan abdomen and pelvis, X-ray, sonography, PET scan and consult a gynecologist near you and also take an opinion from an oncosurgeon.

Doctors will do other routine investigations also like LFT, RFT, hemogram, HIV, Au-Ag, blood group, 2D echo, ECG. All this is to be done and consultation along with clinical examination required for deciding further management of this if to directly go for surgery or not. In that case, the best option is chemotherapy or radiotherapy. But yes, you need to take steps on an urgent basis if the MRI report is like this and you suspect malignancy with some changes.

I do not want to over exaggerate this but malignancy can grow way faster than you imagine. The final diagnosis will be after sending for biopsy or HPE (histopathological examination).

I do not know why you have done the MRI and what complaints she has, but whatever it is, if this is what the report says, then the above things should be done as soon as possible.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|