Q. Is coronary angiography required in chronic stable angina?

Dr. Ilir Sharka

My mom is 56 years old. She is a patient of hypertension, diabetes, and mild nephropathy. BP 140/80, pulse 96/ min, creatinine 1.3, fasting sugar 125, postprandial 157. From a few months, my mother is suffering from chest pain. The doctor told it is chronic stable angina. All other tests are done like Na, K, hemoglobin, urea, and uric acid. The reports are quite fine. Our family doctor suggests me to take angiography. So, what should I do now? Please suggest. She is taking the following medicines: Aciloc RD, Glimmy 2, Nexovas, Telmikaa40, Febugood 40, Lipikind 10 and Glypten 20.

#

With these kidney function tests, she can perform the coronary angiography. I agree with her doctor's recommendation because this would help identify possible coronary artery stenosis and also perform angioplasty, if necessary.

Another test which can help investigate the presence of coronary ischemia is Dobutamine cardiac stress test. If this test results positive, the next step would be performing a coronary angiography.

For more information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|