Starvation

Why am I experiencing clear liquid discharge from my vagina?

Query: Hi doctor, I am nine days post ovulation and have been experiencing clear liquid discharge from my vagina since two days. I also have a headache, stomachache, and tiredness. I am a little overweight, so I have been starving myself. Is this clear liquid discharge normal?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Once ovulation occurs, the remaining follicle, called the corpus luteum, will keep producing hormone progesterone, for a possible pregnancy to get implanted in the uterus. There is nothing to worry as the watery discharge is because of this. Other symptoms include de...  Read Full »

Why is my ketone value marked in red?

Query: Hi doctor, I am currently looking at my urinalysis results. There is something that I am trying to understand. My ketone is 40 mg/dL and marked with a red square flag. What does this mean? Should I be worried or concerned about this? When this test was performed they told me that everything was nor...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The ketones can be positive under certain conditions. The most important ones are starvation for long hours, hyperglycemia (extremely high blood sugar) and alcoholism (too much consumption). What I understand is that all the values are in normal range and only ketones ...  Read Full »

My doctor says that I have eating disorder but no anorexia. Please explain.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21-year-old female, 129.14 lbs. Over a year ago, I was diagnosed with anorexia (eating disorder) by my initial counselor and I have been under-recovery for the same for over a year. During the course of my recovery, I had to change my therapist. The new therapist, recently, during...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Anorexia is a type of eating disorder where the weight is 85 % or below the normal range. In addition to eating disorder symptoms like restricted food intake, self-induced vomiting, menstrual disturbances, etc., the body weight has to be 15% below normal to diag...  Read Full »

Is the presence of ketones in urine a sign of kidney damage?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 5 feet and 5 inches, 112 lbs and eat a normal diet. I recently had a urine test with trace ketones, although negative for glucose. My test showed cloudy clarity and presence of crystals. All the other values on the urine test were normal. I also had normal blood tests. My doctor is...  Read Full »

Dr. Pankaj Jawandhiya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The body generally uses glucose as its source of energy. When it uses fat as a source of energy, ketones are formed. It is a common finding in diabetes, called as diabetic ketoacidosis. It can also occur during starvation when glucose is not available as an energy sou...  Read Full »

If you starve yourself for a longer period of time, will it trigger you to want to eat more?

Query: Hello doctor, I have started to notice something about my eating habits. I noticed that I have gained a lot of weight this year. And I have even been eating food that I do not like. I get hungry so many times during the day, even though I already ate. Last year, I would not say I was on a diet. But...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumiya Sulthana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you starve for a long time, your body demands for more carbohydrates to complete its metabolism. If the starvation continues for a long time, the body starts accumulating energy for the period of starvation, hence you feel to eat more. The best way is to provide l...  Read Full »