Q. When I eat sweets, I become hyperactive. What kind of disease is this?

This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 22, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 10, 2020

Whenever I eat sweets, I get hyperactive. I feel like running and after a few minutes I used to get headache. Can you help me understand what kind of disease is this? Do we have a name for it? How do I control it? How can I treat my headache? Do I need to go for any special treatment?

#

We are here to help you.

• Yes, we have a name for this condition known as sugar intolerance.
  • This occurs due to deficiency of an enzyme sucrase which may result in malabsorption of sugar and sweet products and can cause these symptoms.
  • The best treatment for it is to avoid sweets and increase the consumption of fruits.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Is there any way to reduce the symptoms? Do we have a treatment for this?

#

• There is no specific treatment for this disease.
  • Take sweets in a very little quantity.
  • Drink plenty of water and you should also avoid consumption of alcohol in case you do.

For further doubts consult an internal medicine physician online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|