Syringing

Do tinnitus after ear irrigation indicates ear damage?

Query: Hello doctor, Since about a week and a half ago, I have had tinnitus in my right ear. This was after self irrigating the ear with one of those squeezy syringes that come with the Otex ear drops. Before doing this, I was putting in oil drops for about a week prior. Quite a bit of wax came out, but ...  Read Full »

Dr. Satyabrata Panigrahi

Audiologist, Speech Therapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is always dangerous to predict and take action in case of their own health. The tinnitus in your case is not due to earwax, it may be due to the blockage of the eustachian tube (tube connecting middle ear and back of the nasal cavity, its primary work is to equalize ...  Read Full »

Why do I feel clogged ears every morning even without wax formation?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had issues with my left ear for the past two months. I normally clean my ears with peroxide. After I added drops of peroxide back last month, I noticed that when people spoke to me loudly I would hear wind sound in my ears. Also, my ears felt plugged and I heard thumping (hear...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like your having a eustachian tube catarrh. This tube essentially ventilates both the ear and nose and in an event where this tube has got blocked, you might develop fullness and ringing sensation in the same ear. Self-cleaning your ear is the most dangerous t...  Read Full »