Thiocolchicocide

I have been suffering from intermittent low back pain. Is it sciatica?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having severe pain in the lower back, more on the right side. I am not able to bend front and my right leg is aching continuously. I am suffering from back pain for last 6 to 7 years and sometimes, it is severe. I had to take bed rest for a week, but I had never taken any medicine. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you have pain restricted to your lower back with no radiation to lower limb the pain is not sciatica. In sciatica, the pain radiates from lower back to legs. You could have mechanical backache or disc prolapse without any impingement on the neurological structure...  Read Full »

What can be done for my mom's back pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My 62 year old mother has been experiencing lower back pain for the last two to three days. She did some heavy work in the kitchen a few days ago and developed these symptoms. She has been taking one or two Crocin a day and using a hot bath, but that does not help much. Please suggest a s...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com We are here to help you. Your mother seems to be suffering from either muscular back pain or prolapsed intervertebral disc compression. I would advise you to get an MRI lumbo-sacral spine to rule out these issues. If you have any such issues, then you would be treated acco...  Read Full »

What is the best remedy for back pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been battling with back pain since a year. I associated this pain with a kidney stone which I had for a couple of years. I had a ureteroscopy, crushing and removal of the stone a month ago, but however the back pain still persists. An x-ray done today is attached. I had some back...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the investigation reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your blood investigation appears to be fine apart from high CRP (C-reactive protein), which could either be a manifestation of any inflammation or infection somewhere in the...  Read Full »

I have a pinching pain in my arm, shoulder, palms and fingers. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, From the last two months, I have a pinching and wound-like pain in my left upper arm and shoulder. I also feel pain in my palm and fingers while bending, stretching or gripping.  Read Full »

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have a neuropathic pain because of a nerve compression syndrome. I suggest the following medicines: Tablet Gabapentin forte (Gabapentin), half a tablet, twice a day. Tablet Zerodol TH 8 (a combination of Aceclofenac and Thiocolchicoside) once...  Read Full »

What makes the leg numb?

Query: Hi doctor, At random times, throughout the day while sitting, standing and lying down my left leg will start to go numb. It will start right under the buttock in the hamstring area and slowly work its way down to last from 5 to 10 minutes. Then, it goes away upon movement. This has been happening fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Eriol Braholli

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, General Surgeon, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Numbness in your leg while sitting, usually happens due to sciatic nerve compression. It can be compressed at different levels through its way, from the lumbar spine down to the feet due to disc herniation or muscle contracture. In your case, lumbar compression or pirifo...  Read Full »

My husband has a chest pain that comes and goes. Could it be a heart condition?

Query: Hi doctor, Since the last two months, my husband has chest pain. It is probably a muscle strain caused by an exercise machine he uses. The pain is not constant. It comes and goes and sometimes, it is felt on his back on the left side. Please suggest some medicines for permanent pain relief.  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The likely cause for his chest pain is gastritis and reflux disease. Does he also have upper abdominal pain, nausea, bloating, burping, increase in pain on eating, sour water feeling in the throat or chest burning? These are the other symptoms that may be associate...  Read Full »

I have a severe pain in the lower back which is unbearable. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I had lower back pain which was not bad at first. After a few weeks, it has gotten worse. I have a pain in the hip, buttocks, and thigh as well now. I recently joined work, and I cannot perform at work as the pain is unbearable.  Read Full »

Dr. Chandra Prakash Tanwar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have been suffering from a lower backache that is radiating to the buttocks and thigh. It seems to be due to a nerve compression which is the cause. You need to see an orthopedician for that. An X-ray of the lumbar spine should be done and an MRI lumbar spine also,...  Read Full »

Can my lower back pain be the result of a kidney problem?

Query: Hello, I am a 31 year old male. I have a left lower back pain for a few days. It hurts when I move, and it feels like my kidneys hurt when I walk. I do not know if this is a muscle pull or something related to my kidneys. Please advise.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Lower back pain is mostly due to a muscular or spinal problem, and kidney pain is unlikely. Kidney pain is a colicky type. The pain comes and goes, or it will be associated with other complaints like burning during urination, blood in urine, and fever. Local site wil...  Read Full »