Tibial Bone Swelling

What the cause of my ankle pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from left ankle pain. I have soreness and it is bruised. Sometimes, it is difficult to walk too. I am also suffering from lower back pain. I feel the pain from my ankle joint to my hip. I have a history of ankle pain, but it was on the right. Before two years, I had an arth...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your MRI (attachment removed to protect patient identity), there are arthritic changes seen in the joint between two small bones of the foot, that is, talus and navicular as well as in the posterior part of the tibia. This is the cause for ankle pain and swelling an...  Read Full »

How to regain the strength of my knees?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 years old. I have a little problem that effects my daily hobbies. I play basketball and play in such a way that I am constantly running and jumping at maximum effort each time. When I was a little bit younger, I had a pretty bad case of Osgood-Schlatter disease. It was from consta...  Read Full »

Dr. Srikanth Nara

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the description, your symptoms are as similar to Osgood-Schlatter disease. This problem is usually seen in the active adolescent age group, mostly affected region are the places where your tendons and bone come together. In your case, the growing tibial tuberosity...  Read Full »

Why is my baby's tibia bone swollen?

Query: Hi doctor, My 8 month old baby boy has swelling in tibia bone. He does not have any pain or irritation over the swelling. He started standing by his 6 months onwards. What is the reason for this swelling?  Read Full »

Dr. Chirag Ashok Berry

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like your child has a painless bump on the tibia or leg. Can you describe where exactly you see this swelling or bump, either upper, mid or lower tibia? Has this been evaluated by a doctor with x-rays? There can be numerous causes for such a swellin...  Read Full »

How can I heal pain in shin?

Query: Hi doctor, I have pain in my left shin bone when I try to run. It is on the inside of my leg at the lowest point on the tibia, just above the ankle. My ankle does not hurt, just the shin at the specified location. I do not have pain on walking (unless a long way) but when I run I get immediate and...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pain on running or exertion can be due to lack of appropriate strength and integrated stability of gluteal and hip adductor muscles. It makes the bones challenging to disperse the impact forces generated by the foot striking the ground. This can lead to condition ca...  Read Full »