Torsion

Why do I have pain in my scrotum?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 48 years old male. I do not have diabetes or hypertension. I had on and off pain in the scrotum for two months. I felt better after I had a course of Doxycycline for seven days. But one day I ran to catch a bus and at that time I felt some pain. Again I am experiencing the on and...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please let me know urine r/m (routine and microscopy) findings. If urine shows pus cells, kindly get a urine culture done. Please get a USG KUB and prostate (ultrasound of the urinary tract which includes kidney, ureter, urinary bladder and prostate) done if not ...  Read Full »

Can masturbation cause epididymitis?

Query: Hello doctor,I had epididymitis twice two years ago. I was given antibiotics both the times. The swelling went but the testicle (epididymis pain) remained. I was given more antibiotics over the next few months to no effect. I went to a urologist 12 months later and was diagnosed with prostatitis upo...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your history, it does not look like prostatitis. I think you may be suffering from chronic epididymitis. There are many causes for chronic epididymitis like post-acute epididymitis, vas obstruction, drug-induced like Amiodarone, Tuberculous epididymitis, chlamy...  Read Full »

Why do I have testicular pain after lifting a heavy object?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 28 year old male. I have a dull pain in my right testicle leading to my abdomen. I believe it started when I lifted something heavy. At the moment, it is a dull pain but, if I feel it, then it is worse. I am currently out of my home country on work and do not want to go to a loc...  Read Full »

Dr. Pratyush Kumar

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern regarding a pain in the right testicle after lifting a heavy object. It would be helpful to know some more details. Does lifting the scrotum relieve you of the pain? Is there a history of fever? In the case of an acute onset pain, it is advis...  Read Full »

Is orchiectomy necessary for testis torsion?

Query: Hi doctor, I am in need of your help. I had torsion in the left testis; however, it cannot be treated within the time. Now, 12-15 days has already passed. The doctor has suggested for orchiectomy (removal of the left testis) and fixing of right testis. Is orchiectomy necessary? What are the other th...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The need of orchidectomy can be discussed, but the need of right side fixation that is, orchidopexy is compulsory to avoid mishap on the other side also. One testis is enough for sexual characters and to bear a child. In the same sitting, both testes can be evaluated. I...  Read Full »

My left testis has become very small after an episode of pain and swelling. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old male. Two years back, all of a sudden, I felt a severe pain in my left scrotum, which became more and more severe. Then my left testis was hard, and I also think it became a little bigger in size. The size of the left testis has become very small gradually over the pas...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is good that you have sought advice at least now. The episode you described was left side torsion of the testis because of which your left testis is destroyed. A single testis is enough to support secondary sexual characters and fertility to father a child, but you ...  Read Full »

What can be the causes of right-sided abdominal pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from pain on the right side of my abdomen, from the past three days. It pains more when I press my abdomen. The pain is not very severe, and it comes and goes. I thought it is a gastric pain, so I took medicines for it. But, it did not help me get rid of the pain. Wh...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. These are a few things we worry about in that particular area: Appendicitis: It does not seem to be an acute inflammation; otherwise, you should be in severe pain and unable to do anything. However, it may be chronic recurring appendicitis. Diverticulitis: It usually o...  Read Full »

Why am I having acute pain in groin while playing football?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been experiencing acute pain in my groin and lower abdomen while playing football. This pain started around four months back, as a result, I had to stop playing. Thus the pain was not there since last two weeks and it started today after I played football again. The pain does not g...  Read Full »

Dr. Jeremy David O'kennedy

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician, HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about your sports-induced groin pain. The most common cause of pain in the groin in males of your age and habitus is muscle, ligament or tendon strain resulting from the particular activity. This is not a serious problem and can usually be effectively treate...  Read Full »