Tpi

I was misdiagnosed to have syphilis and had treatment. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old male. Before a month, I visited a hospital in my hometown for pain on the penis. They conducted VDRL and TPHA test and said that the test came back as weak positive. So, it is the first stage of syphilis. They prescribed me an injection and some tablets for five days. A...  Read Full »

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. TPHA (Treponema pallidum hemagglutination) is a test to detect treponemal antibodies, which are produced by the body against the bug that causes syphilis. The point is that TPHA is known to show false positive results for some reasons and hence, any positive reaction ...  Read Full »