Tzanck Smear

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Is herpeSelect immunoblot test reliable for HSV infections?

Query: Hello doctor, I met with a girl a few months back. She had been rubbing her vagina and then put her finger in my backside. She said she was clean but hard to know. After about three months, I got tested for STD panel and came up negative with everything including HSV 2 except for HSV 1, which came ...  Read Full »

Dr. Atishay Bukharia

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to 1. The manifestation which you are saying are not of herpes, they normally present as grouped vesicles on an erythematous base. 2. Herpes has an incubation period of five days, it means symptoms would have to develop within five days of infection. 3. Your test are ...  Read Full »

I got a rash on the base of my ring finger after wearing a ring and it is getting worse. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a rash or bumpy area on the base of my ring finger on the side where it touches my middle finger. That occur several days ago while I was wearing a silver ring on that finger. I have taken off the ring but the area is getting painful with irritation and it seems to be getting wors...  Read Full »

Dr. Chaitra Prakash


Answer: Hi, Welcome to From the picture provided (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it is most likely to be a viral infection like herpes or a contact dermatitis. These lesions are usually tiny grouped blisters and cause pain. They last for about 7-10 days and resolve spontane...  Read Full »

Why do I have blisters throughout my body?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 80-year-old male. I have big water or fluid blisters throughout the body. There is also a formation of the skin after the collapse of the blister. The skin is also peeling. It is becoming red, itching, painful and unbearable. I have no sugar. I am on Clobetasol cream, Levosiz ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I saw the clinical pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The diagnosis in a broad term is a vesiculobullous disorder of which it is more in favor of bullous pemphigoid or pemphigus vulgaris considering his age. The patient requires detailed ful...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours
Chat with a Doctor

Chat with a Doctor

Starting @ just $29.99

Search for a Health Issue


Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.