Vaginal Candidiasis

Vaginal candidiasis, otherwise called vaginal yeast infection, is a fungal infection that affects the vagina. Some of the symptoms are vaginal itching, swelling, pain during sex, redness, soreness, rash, and whitish-gray vaginal discharge. It is treated by topical or oral antifungal medications like Butoconazole, Clotrimazole, and Fluconazole.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Why do I have rashes near and inside the vulva?

Query: Hello doctor, I have rashes near the vulva and inside the vulva. It causes a burning and itching sensation.  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Do not worry; I will help you with your concern. From history, this itching and burning could be due to fungal infection or trichomoniasis. I need to ask you a few questions, Since when do you have this? Do you have any discharge from the vagina? If yes, is it...  Read Full »

What does heavy growth of Candida Albicans in a vaginal swab mean?

Query: I made a vaginal swab and the result came out that i have a heavy growth of candida albicans isolated among normal vaginal flora.. what does that mean?  Read Full »

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Can you please attach the report?  Read Full »

Will Boric acid suppositories used for yeast infection cause vaginal erosions?

Query: Hello doctor,My vagina looks irregular inside with many flesh erosions and white bumps with pink spots on it. Not sure if it is a cyst or what. It is not painful, and no other symptoms. I was checking myself and noticed inside of my vagina looks a bit odd. I have been using Boric acid suppositories ...  Read Full »

Dr. Priyadarshini Tripathy

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have gone through the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I can say the differential diagnosis could be: 1) Recurrent vulvovaginal candidiasis. 2) Vaginal inclusion cysts due to previous trauma to the vagina. 3) Genital warts due to ...  Read Full »

What could cause small bumps on vagina post unprotected sex?

Query: Hello doctor, I currently had unprotected intercourse about a week ago. My vagina has become really itchy and sore. I tried to take a picture just to see if anything was going on and there are a lot of tiny white bumps that almost look like a rash. And it is extremely irritating. Any ideas of what ...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have seen the image that you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Is there any discharge from vagina? If yes, is it white or yellow or watery or creamy? It appears like fungal infection most likely vulvovaginal candidiasis. Use Clotrimazole pe...  Read Full »

What is the best solution for fungal infections?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife and I have fungal infections. I have ring-like infection on thighs and on buttocks. My wife has a little lump like infection around the vagina which are so itchy and burning sensation. We took tablet Terbinafine 250 mg for two weeks and Clotrimazole cream. It had good resul...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to As you mentioned that you have ring-like lesion, it suggests you have Tinea cruris. It is a kind of fungal infection only. Since infection has recurred we need to start you on better antifungal treatment for a long term relief and to prevent further recurrences. Cl...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest the treatment for vaginal fungal infection.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 20 years old. I am sexually inactive for a year now. I am having some issues with my body parts. I had a film around my clitoris that came back often after washing it. In the past few days, I have been experiencing yeast infection symptoms. So today I got an over-the-counter medicati...  Read Full »

Dr. Sameer Kumar

Family Physician, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Infertility Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to The fungal vaginal pessary usually dissolves intravaginal. You may experience some vaginal discharge mixed whitish fluid which can be candidial infection and also some amount of dissolved medication. I suggest you to wash yourself with alkaline vaginal wash and then re...  Read Full »

What should I do to control vaginal itching and vaginal fissures?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having vaginal itching for a while which led to vaginal fissures down to my bum and have done a test which I need you to help me clarify and advise what to do. Thanks.  Read Full »

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have seen the report. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Fissures are due to continue scratching over the itching part. Avoid scratching. Report says you have a vaginal infection with candidiasis (fungal infection). And E.coli growth found which is no...  Read Full »

What should I do for severe vaginal itching?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old married woman. I have severe itching in my vagina. What should I do ? Or why is it happening?  Read Full »

Dr. Sameer Kumar

Family Physician, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Infertility Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Severe itching inside vagina is likely to be due to a possible vaginal fungal infection called vaginal candidiasis. You should visit your gynecologist and get a high vaginal swab culture and speculum examination done for confirmation of diagnosis. Once co...  Read Full »

Spotted some tiny lifted and pointed white thing near my vaginal opening. Should I worry about it?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 19 years old and a virgin. My opening of the vagina is completely white with some tiny lifted or pointy spots around it. I am noticing it for the past couple of years. I do not have any other problem like itching, bleeding or smell. So I have never consulted a doctor for this proble...  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Please send a picture of it. As you are still virgin, you can have an intact hymen (small skin tag at the entrance of the vagina). White dry appearance occurs due to candidiasis with vaginal secretions. It gives you the presentation as you explained. Check your hemoglob...  Read Full »

I have white thick vaginal discharge and stomach pain. What is it?

Query: Hello doctor, I have white runny thick discharge with strong odor and itching, stomach makes weird noises and sometimes quick pain in lower stomach. Also thick white stuff under clit hood.  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I saw the clinical picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Features are consistent with vaginal candidiasis. Thick curdy white discharge, itching are the classical symptoms of candidiasis. You need intravaginal anti-fungal medicine. Vaginal Clotrimazol...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours
Chat with a Doctor

Chat with a Doctor

Starting @ just $29.99

Search for a Health Issue


Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.