Vocal Cord Paralysis

Will I recover from vocal cord paralysis eventually?

Query: Hello doctor,I have had vocal paralysis over four months now from a fist fight from strikes to my throat. One doctor says it will take a year and another told me some people never recover. Will I eventually recover because I cannot speak well and it is making everything harder? Voice is raspy and br...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashok Kumar Srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. You are having unilateral vocal cord palsy. As sufficient time had passed but need not worry. You should consult a good speech therapist and try a full course of speech therapy. You may get relief but if no satisfactory result comes then final...  Read Full »

What is the best treatment for vocal cord dysfunction?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed with vocal cord dysfunction, and I went through speech therapy seven months ago but did not get better still. I have had this for a year and a half after having COVID. My VCD is consistent with chest tightness and throat tightness. I am tired of it, and none of...  Read Full »

Dr. B. Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the briefing regarding the problem in concern. I had a detailed look at the observations done by the physicians out there (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). The most likely cause of the symptoms you have mentioned could be...  Read Full »

Should I get medical attention for vocal cord paralysis?

Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with vocal cord paralysis. But I think it as paresis as there is a little mobility. I have done a CT scan to make sure that there is nothing serious. But now, I have trouble in getting back my voice. I have increased pain on the left side with a feeling of numbness. I hav...  Read Full »

Dr. B. Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A vocal cord paresis is diagnosed through laryngoscopic assessment and a contrast-enhanced computed tomography of the skull should be taken to identify the cause of paresis. If there is no involvement of limbs, then everything seems to be fine. You can do the above-ment...  Read Full »

My friend got vocal cord problem after neck surgery. Which doctor should we follow now?

Query: Hello doctor, My friend is 30 years old. She had a neck schwannoma tumor, and that was completely removed by surgery. Post surgery, my friend could not eat or drink anything. Her voice was hoarse as well. ENT doctor followed up her and noted that her right vocal chord was paralyzed, but not the lef...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.The issue here is that you have not been explained preoperatively well about the possible differentials of that tumor in the neck and I would not say that your doctors are at fault because the situation and the case scenario was like that.Preoperatively, from all the inves...  Read Full »