Q. Will I have a weight gain if I take 3000 calories per day?

Dr. Subharanjini Ramesh
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana

I have a weight of 53 kilograms and a height of five feet eleven inches. I have gained a weight of eight kilograms in the last two months after taking 2500 to 3000 calories in my diet. But this month, I could not gain weight even after eating 3000 calories.

#

You are still young. You will gradually see an increase in your weight as you are eating around 3000 calories per day. Do not worry too much about it. It can have a negative impact on your body. Till 25 years of age, people will tend to look thin. You still have time. You will definitely put on weight and you should eat healthy nutritious foods. Try to take high protein foods naturally. Try to include milk and its products, dals, and whole pulses, unsalted nuts, eggs, and non-vegetarian foods in your diet. These foods are rich in protein. You can select them according to your food habits. Keep yourself active for the whole day. You can do any exercise for five days a week. It increases your metabolic rate and you can eat more. As far as you are healthy eating normally with healthy nutritious foods, then you do not need to worry about your weight. Underweight is not genitally inclined and you will gain weight gradually as you grow old.

|