Here, I will be discussing a few homeopathic remedies that can be useful to reunite and quickly heal fractured bones and maintain the bones strong and healthy.
Broken bones take longer time to heal. Along with immobilization and rest, it needs proper medications and other treatment. Sometimes, even after proper operative or non-operative treatment, bones take longer time to heal, and physical symptoms persist, which keeps the patient very uncomfortable. In such cases, homeopathic remedies can be useful.
Below I have mentioned some commonly used homeopathic remedies to reduce the physical symptoms and heal the fractured bones. Depending on the symptoms, these remedies are generally given to the patients.
1. Arnica - Arnica is the most commonly used medications, and is the first choice for any injury, even though it is not a fracture. Arnica helps to relieve pain and swelling after any injuries or wound. Remember that Arnica only helps to reduce swelling and to some extent pain (pain can be reduced only if the broken bones are aligned together). Arnica 30c can be given 3 to 4 times a day.
2. Calcarea Phosphorica - If the reunion and healing of bones take longer time or the bones are not healed as expected, then Calcarea phosphorica is a remedy. Depending on the severity, Calcarea phos 30c can be taken once a day for a week then 200c once a day for another week. Even Calcarea Phos 6X3 tablets twice a day for a month would fasten the healing process.
3. Symphytum - Symphytum is a remedy for bone and cartilages. This remedy facilitates the union of broken bones, promotes the callus formation, and acts well in reducing the pricking pain caused due to injury. This remedy can be given after Arnica 30c to reduce further pain. It also acts well in old fractured bones where the pain persists even in completely healed bones. Symphytum 30c can be taken once a day for 1 week then 200c once a day for next week.
4. Hypericum - This remedy is useful when the facture has occured in the nerve-rich areas of our body like toes, fingers, or spine. Hypericum will help to reduce the tingling or sharp pain caused by nerve injury.
5. Bryonia - Bryonia is another useful remedy that can be given when the pain persists on slightest movement after treating the fractured bone. Usually, such patients are irritable and prefer to stay alone.
The remedies mentioned above are the most commonly used ones to reunite and heal fractured parts and reduce other physical symptoms like pain and swelling.
Last reviewed at:
10 Aug 2019 - 1 min read
Query: Hello doctor, A 23-year-old male patient hit with bike accident, fell on back side of head, CT scan reports reveals mild cerebral edema, with some facial fractures, currently patient is having blood clots discharge as post-nasal drip, and not associated with headache, dizziness, seizures, fainting,... Read Full »
Article Overview: Erectile dysfunction has now become a prominent problem in this era. Statistically speaking, 152 million men are affected worldwide. Let us understand more about what is erectile dysfunction (ED). Read Article
What Is Erectile Dysfunction (ED) ED is defined as an inability to get or sustain an erection firm enough for sexual activity. In easy terms, it is a problem where the male partner is unable to keep the erection firm during sex. Having trouble with an erection from time to time is not a cause for ... Read Article
Most Popular Articles
Do you have a question on Fractures or Homeopathy?Ask a Doctor Online
The terms and conditions (hereinafter collectively referred to as, the "Terms of Service") set out herein shall be a legally binding Agreement between Orane Healthcare India Pvt. Ltd., a company incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956, having its registered office at No.174, Rangasamy Goundenpudur, Chinniyampalayam (PO), Coimbatore – 641062, Tamil Nadu, India (hereinafter interchangeably referred to as, "We" or "Us" or "Our" or the "Company" or "iCliniq"), and you (hereinafter referred to as, "You" or "Your"), as the Registered Doctor (defined below) or Registered Alternative Medicine Practitioner (defined below) or Wellness Professional (defined below) or User / Registered User (defined below) on the Platform (defined below) and/or the services offered through the Platform. The Platform is developed and maintained by the Company.
The Terms of Service shall govern your use of the Platform and its services offered through the Platform, therefore, please read and understand the Terms of Service before you access the services, view, download, install or Register with or use the Platform. If you are not agreeable to this Terms of Service, then you shall not access, view, download or install the Platform, or use the Platform or the services offered through the Platform, and if you are accessing, installing, using, or viewing the Platform, then you shall delete the account and desist from such accessing, using, installing or viewing the Platform.
PART – A
PART - B
PART - C
*Please check to continue futher