Dr.Raguram Ganesamoni is a Urologist specializing in Andrology with 11 years of clinical experience. He completed his MBBS (Madurai Medical College), MS from the Christian Medical College, affiliat... Read More
Urinary tract infection is a very common problem during the lifetime of women, affecting nearly half of them. It can be recurrent and annoying. It is more common during sexual...
Published in - Women's Health
04 Oct 2021 - 2 min read
The absence of sperm in semen is called azoospermia. If you are suffering from this condition, getting an appropriate treatment will increase the chances of becoming a biologi...
Published in - Reproductive(Fertility) Health
27 Aug 2021 - 4 min read
Dr.Raguram Ganesamoni is a Urologist specializing in Andrology with 11 years of clinical experience. He completed his MBBS (Madurai Medical College), MS from the Christian Medical College, affiliated to The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, MRCS from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Glasgow, the UK in 2010, MCh (Urology) at Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh – 2011, and Fellow Endourology and Laparoscopy at the Muljibhai Patel Urological Hospital, Nadiad, Gujarat (Endourological Society, USA) in 2013. He worked as a Consultant Urologist at Advanced Urology and Kidney Institute, Nagercoil, from 1st August 2013 till date. He was the Junior Consultant Urologist and Fellow Endourology and Laparoscopy at Muljibhai Patel Urological Hospital, Nadiad, from 21st July 2011 to 31st July 2013 (two years). He worked in the American Urological Association as a Resident Scholar at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre, New York, and Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, USA – May 2011. He was the Senior Resident (Urology) at the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh from 1st July 2008 to 30th June 2011 (three years), Senior Registrar (General Surgery) at Christian Medical College, Vellore from 15th March 2005 to 14th March 2008 (three years). Currently, he is practicing in Ganesamoni Hospital, Nagercoil, Tamil Nadu, India.
Academics & Trainings
The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.g.r. Medical University
The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.g.r. Medical University
Awards & Publications
1) Ganesamoni R, Agarwal S, Stephen E, Narayan RL. Isolated Spontaneous Dissection of Celiac Artery with Splenic Infarction: Report of a Case. EJVES Extra 2007; 13: 58-9.
2) Ganesamoni R, Turel M, Agarwal S, Stephen E, Moses V, Mammen T. Controlled study of conventional surgery and ultrasound-guided foam sclerotherapy for the treatment of primary SVI of lower limbs. Journal of Hainan Medical College 2009; 15 (7): 725-8.
3) Kumar S, Nanjappa B, Ganesamoni R. Extensive balanitis xerotica obliterans of urethrocutaneous fistula presenting as a mass in scrotum. Urology. 2010; 76(2): 332-3.
4) Kumar S, Sandeep, Ganesamoni R, Mandal AK. Efficacy and outcome of percutaneous nephrolithotomy in patients with calculus nephropathy. Urol Res. 2011;39(2):111-5.
5) Kumar S, Barapatre YR, Ganesamoni R, Nanjappa B, Barwal K, Singh SK. Laparoscopic management of a rare urogenital fistula. J Endourol. 2011;25(4):603-6.
6) Kumar S, Kumar S, Ganesamoni R, Mandal AK, Prasad S, Singh SK. Dimethyl sulfoxide with lignocaine versus eutectic mixture of local anesthetics: a prospective randomized study to compare the efficacy of cutaneous anesthesia in shock wave lithotripsy. Urol Res 2011; 39(3):181-3.
7) Kumar S, Bag S, Ganesamoni R, Mandal AK, Taneja N, Singh SK. Risk factors for urosepsis following percutaneous nephrolithotomy: role of 1 week of nitrofurantoin in reducing the risk of urosepsis. Urol Res. 2012 Feb;40(1):79-86.
8) Ganesamoni R, Mavuduru R, Agarwal MM. Re: Hendrik van Poppel, Luigi da Pozzo, Walter Albrecht, et al. A prospective, randomized EORTC intergroup phase 3 study comparing the oncologic outcome of elective nephron-sparing surgery and radical nephrectomy for low-stage renal cell carcinoma. Eur Urol 2011;59:543-52. Eur Urol. 2011 Aug;60(2):e9.
9) Kumar S, Pushkarna A, Ganesamoni R, Nanjappa B. Dengue hemorrhagic fever as a rare cause of bleeding following percutaneous nephrolithotomy. Urol Res 2012;40(2):177-9.
10) Ganesamoni R, Kumar S, Singh SK. Re: How can we predict lymphorrhea and clinically significant lymphoceles after radical prostatectomy and pelvic lymphadenectomy? Clinical implications. BJU Int. 2012;109(2): E6. DOI: 10.1111/j.1464-410X.2011.10831_5.x.
11) Kumar S, Pushkarna A, Sharma V, Ganesamoni R, Nada R. Fournier's gangrene with testicular infarction caused by mucormycosis. Indian J Pathol Microbiol. 2011;54(4):847-8.
12) Kumar S, Sharma S, Ganesamoni R, Singh SK. Urethral steinstrasse with urethrocutaneous fistula. Urology 2012;79(2):e1-2.
13) Sabnis RB, Ganesamoni R, Sarpal R. Miniperc: what is its current status? Curr Opin Urol 2012;22(2):129-33.
14) Ganesamoni R, Bhattacharyya S, Kumar S, Chauhan A, Mete UK, Agarwal MM, Mavuduru R, Kaushik G, Mandal AK, Singh SK. Status of Oxidative Stress in Patients With Renal Cell Carcinoma. J Urol 2012;187(4):1172-6.
15) Kumar S Dr, Prasad S, Parmar K, Ganesamoni R, Batra YK. A Prospective Randomized Controlled Trial Comparing Combined Spongiosum Block and Intraurethral Lignocaine with Intraurethral Lignocaine alone in Optical Internal Urethrotomy for Anterior Urethral Stricture. J Endourol. 2012 Feb 14. [Epub ahead of print].
16) Kumar S, Sarkar D, Prasad S, Gupta V, Ghosala P, Kaman L, Yadav TD, Ganesamoni R, Singh SK. Large pelvic masses of obscure origin: urologist's perspective. Urol Int. 2012;88(2):215-24.
17) Ganesamoni R, Mishra S, Kumar A, Ganpule A, Vyas JB, Ganatra P, Sabnis RB, Desai M. Role of Active Mentoring during Flexible Ureteroscopy Training. J Endourol 2012 May 14. [Epub ahead of print]
18) Kumar S, Ganesamoni R, Nanjappa B, Sharma V. Fragmented pigtail percutaneous nephrostomy tubes: etiology and management. Korean J Urol 2012;53(7):492-6.
19) Kumar S, Kapoor A, Ganesamoni R, Nanjappa B, Sharma V, Mete UK. Efficacy of holmium laser urethrotomy in combination with intralesional triamcinolone in the treatment of anterior urethral stricture. Korean J Urol 2012;53(9):614-8.
20) Mishra S, Ganesamoni R, Ganpule AP, Sabnis RB, Desai MR. Supine percutaneous nephrolithotomy for bilateral complete staghorn calculi in an L-shaped cross-fused renal ectopic anomaly. Urology 2013;81(1):e3-4. DOI: 10.1016/j.urology.2012.10.003.
21) Sabnis R, Ganesamoni R, Mishra S, Sinha L, Desai MR. Concept and design engineering: endourology operating room. Curr Opin Urol 2013;23(2):152-7. doi:10.1097/MOU.0b013e32835d3133.
22) Kumar S, Sharma V, Ganesamoni R, Singh S. Eosinophilic cystitis mimicking tuberculosis: An analysis of five cases with review of the literature. Urol Ann 2013;5:50-2.
23) Kumar S, Randhawa MS, Ganesamoni R, Singh SK. Tranexamic acid reduces blood loss in percutaneous nephrolithotomy: a prospective randomized controlled study. J Urol. 2012 Oct 30. DOI:PII: S0022-5347(12)05422-5. 10.1016/j.juro.2012.10.115. [Epub ahead of print].
24) Kumar S, Tiwari DP, Ganesamoni R, Singh SK. Prospective Randomized Placebo-controlled Study to Assess the Safety and Efficacy of Silodosin in the Management of Acute Urinary Retention. Urology 2013;82(1):171-5. DOI: 10.1016/j.urology.2013.02.020.
25) Mishra S, Sinha L, Ganesamoni R, Ganpule A, Sabnis RB, Desai M. Renal deterioration index: Preoperative prognostic model for renal functional outcome after treatment of bilateral obstructive urolithiasis in chronic kidney disease patients. J Endourol. 2013 Mar 28. [Epub ahead of print]. PMID: 23537205.
26) Ganesamoni R, Ganpule AP, Desai MR. Robot-assisted laparoscopic bladder diverticulectomy in a seven-year-old child: Case report and points of technique. Indian J Urol 2012;28(4):434-6. DOI: 10.4103/0970-1591.105762.
27) Kumar S, Kondareddy C, Ganesamoni R, Nanjappa B, Singh SK. Randomized Controlled Trial to Assess the Efficacy of the Combination Therapy of Alfuzosin and Tadalafil in Patients with Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms Due to Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. LUTS 2013. Apr 3. [Epub ahead of print] DOI: 10.1111/luts.12016.
28) Kumar S, Kurdia KC, Ganesamoni R, Singh SK, Nanjappa B. Randomized controlled trial to compare the safety and efficacy of naftopidil and tamsulosin as medical expulsive therapy in combination with prednisolone for distal ureteral stones. Korean J Urol 2013;54(5):311-5. DOI: 10.4111/kju.2013.54.5.311. Epub 2013 May 14.
29) Sabnis RB, Ganesamoni R, Doshi A, Ganpule AP, Jagtap J, Desai MR. Micropercutaneous nephrolithotomy (microperc) vs. retrograde intrarenal surgery for the management of small renal calculi: a randomized controlled trial. BJU Int 2013 Aug;112(3):355-61. DOI: 10.1111/bju.12164.
30) Kumar S, Nanjappa B, Barapatre Y, Prasad S, Ganesamoni R, Rathi M. Unusual causes of Hematuria in dialysis patients: Diagnostic dilemma, risks, and management. J Emerg Trauma Shock 2013;6(4):276-9. DOI: 10.4103/0974-2700.120374.
31) Ganesamoni R, Sabnis RB, Mishra S, Parekh N, Ganpule A, Vyas JB, Jagtap J, Desai M. Prospective randomized controlled trial comparing laser lithotripsy with pneumatic lithotripsy in miniperc for renal calculi. J Endourol. 2013;27(12):1444-9. doi:10.1089/end.2013.0177.
32) Ganesamoni R, Sabnis RB, Mishra S, Desai MR. Microperc for the management of renal calculi in pelvic ectopic kidneys. Indian J Urol 2013;29(3):257-9. DOI: 10.4103/0970-1591.117267.
33) Sabnis RB, Ganesamoni R, Ganpule AP, Mishra S, Vyas J, Jagtap J, Desai M. Current role of microperc in the management of small renal calculi. Indian J Urol 2013;29(3):214-8. DOI: 10.4103/0970-1591.117282.
1) Ganesamoni R, Singh SK. Epidemiology of stone disease in Northern India. In eds.Jamsheer Talati, Hans-Goran Tiselius, David Albala, Zhangqun Ye. Management of Urolithiasis: Rational Deployment of Technology. Pennsylvania: Springer.
2) Sabnis RB, Ganesamoni R. Percutaneous nephrolithotomy and combined procedures. In eds. Ahmed Al-Kandari, Michael Grasso, Arthur D. Smith. Difficult Cases in Endourology. Springer, London.
3) Ganesamoni R, Mishra S, Desai MR. Pediatric ureteroscopy: overcoming the difficulties. In eds. Ahmed Al-Kandari, Michael Grasso, Arthur D. Smith. Difficult Cases in Endourology. Springer, London.
1) The Vattikuti Foundation scholarship at Robotic Surgeons Council of India, Kochi, 12th, and 13th of September 2015.
2) UAA Youth Section fellowship at 13th Annual Congress of Urological Association of Asia held at Shanghai, China from 3rd to Sept 6, 2015.
3) Dr. Jeyasekaran award for 'ideas and innovation' at the 24th Annual Conference of the Association of Southern Urologists at Mysore, July 2013.
4) Major General Amir Chand Gold Medal for the Best Clinical Research in Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India. He was awarded by the Honorable President of India Shri Pranab Mukherjee, March 2013.
5) Second prize in a poster presentation at 30th World Congress in Endourology and SWL, Istanbul, Turkey, September 2012.
6) ACORD 2012 fellowship for training in Oncological Research at Queensland, Australia (Intravesical Curcumin for non-muscle invasive bladder cancer).
7) Secured the First rank in USI - AUA Resident Scholar program 2011 to attend the Annual Meeting of American Urological Association at Washington DC.
8) First prize in National level Urology Quiz at the 44th Annual Conference of the Urological Society of India, USICON 2011, Kolkata.
9) Mr. and Mrs. Natarajan Urology Medal for the year 2006, Christian Medical College, Vellore.
10) Best Outgoing Student for the year 2004, Madurai Medical College, Madurai.
11) Thiru. P. Soundararajan Memorial Gold Medal in Paediatrics for the year 2004, Madurai Medical College, Madurai.
12) Second Prize in Medicine for the year 2003, Madurai Medical College, Madurai.
13) First Prize in Microbiology for the year 2001-2002, Madurai Medical College, Madurai.
14) Rajkumari Amrit Kaur Gold Medal in Anatomy for the year 1999-2000, Madurai Medical College, Madurai.
15) Chief-Minister's award for securing the Third rank in Tamil Nadu State, scoring 100% in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics in Tamil Nadu State Higher Secondary Examination, 1999.