Acne is the most common skin condition that affects adolescents and teens. It causes pimples, whiteheads, blackheads, cysts, and nodules on the skin of the face, shoulder, back, neck, chest, and arms. Resorcinol, Benzoyl peroxide, Salicylic acid, Sulfur, Tretinoin, or Azelaic acid are used to treat acne depending on its severity.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

My face is covered with small irregular patches of black spots, and I have an acne problem. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have an acne problem that comes out on my face over time. Also, my face is covered with small irregular patches of black spots, so please suggest a treatment. They are bigger and do not go away for weeks. I have had this problem for the last ten years. I am taking Tretiva-20 (Isotretino...  Read Full »

Dr. Suvash Sahu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I understand your concern. 1. With your descriptions, it seems you have acne-pigmented scars. 2. Acne is a chronic problem. It has a variable course with medication. Therefore, it requires regular follow-up and long treatment. 3. It usually occurs for up to 25 to 28 ...  Read Full »

I have had dark spots on my face due to acne for the past four years. How to reduce it?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had acne problems for the past four years. Unfortunately, it is creating dark spots on my face as well. What should I do? Please give me your suggestions.  Read Full »

Dr. Sandhya Narayanan Kutty

Answer: Hi, Welcome to According to your history, the post-acne dark spots or marks are usually called post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, which appears in response to long-standing acne left without treatment. Habitual picking of acne and reduction of inflammation leads to dark spots. So I ...  Read Full »

What are the best medications to treat pimples, white patches in the hands, and heat boils in my body?

Query: Hello doctor, I have skin problems on my nose, there is a big pimple which is red and swollen. Also, on my hand, there are some round white patches. I also get a lot of heat boils (yellow in color) on my body. I have shared the pictures. Kindly refer me ointments and tablets for the cure.  Read Full »

Dr. G.s.s. Sandeep

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have seen your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). We will use one thing at a time to minimize complication. Acne on your nose is termed as acne rosacea. Start Minoz (Minocycline) OD 65 mg once daily bedtime for 30 days and La Sheild sunscreen a...  Read Full »

Does acne in hand and back with dark areas in the neck, armpit, etc., indicate acanthosis nigricans?

Query: Hi doctor, 1) I have had back and arm acne for more than four years. These acnes come and stay and go, and after that, new acne comes. I used Moisturex cream for it. But nothing happened. Can you please recommend full treatment for this? Like body wash or soap and lotion and other specific creams. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Atishay Bukharia

Answer: Hi, Welcome to For back acne, I would advise you to consider taking Isotretinoin 30 mg once at night (if not planning for pregnancy) and Onac SR (Sulfur and Resorcinol lotion) lotion once after bath. Do you have dark axilla or groin? Is there a dark area under the breast? Do you have ...  Read Full »

I am suffering from sensitive skin and acne with dryness. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, My skin is really sensitive and has patchy dryness. For the past year, I have started getting closed comedones on my jawline and cheeks. I have always used plant products, mainly from my childhood. But as acids do work on acne, I thought of trying once. I have used some products which ...  Read Full »

Dr. Barve Vaibhav Saidas

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I suggest you consult a specialist and use the mentioned medications with their consent. 1) Clindamycin gel to be applied at night on pimples. 2) Dermadew aloe lotion (Aloe Vera Gel, Liquid Paraffin, Lanolin Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Propyl Paraben, Disodium EDTA) apply o...  Read Full »

Can eating chocolates cause pimple breakouts in me?

Query: Hi doctor, Whenever I eat unhealthy food or eat chocolate, I always develop break out. A pimple forms overnight, and it makes me upset. Can chocolate cause breakouts, or is it just my skin? I used to have bad acne, but I started using Differin, which made a huge difference.  Read Full »

Dr. Barve Vaibhav Saidas

Answer: Hi, Welcome back to I understand your concern. Acne is common in the age group between 15 to 30 years. It is a natural or normal physiological process due to changes in hormone levels during puberty or the growing body. Every individual is different. Some experience more acne and s...  Read Full »

I have acne scars on my cheeks even after following a proper cleaning routine. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36-year-old female with acne scars on both my cheeks. For many years, one or two acne erupted every month, leaving scars behind. I have been following a suitable regime for the last year. However, the acne still erupts, though less frequently, but they still leave behind scars. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Laul

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and understand your concern. I suggest you follow these measures. (Consult a specialist doctor, talk with them and take medications with their consent.) 1. Apply Adapalene 0.1 percent gel at night on whiteheads for 15 days. 2. Wash face with a g...  Read Full »

I have a lot of acne and have no idea what to do about it. Please suggest me a remedy for my skin issues.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a lot of acne. I am frustrated because I do not know how to get it off my face. I am looking for a remedy to fix my skin problems. Please assist me.  Read Full »

Dr. V. Srikanth Reddy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand your concern. Acne is readily treated with facewash, pills, and lotions. However, some people have oily skin, which causes breakouts. After finishing therapy for active breakouts, medications can be discontinued, but creams must be continued to avoid re...  Read Full »

What concentration of Adapalene gel should I use to reduce inflamed papules caused by my acne?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22-year-old female. Two years ago, I started developing mild to moderate acne. My dermatologist suggested I use tablet Doxycycline, Adapalene gel 0.1 %, and Clindacin Phosphate solution for one month. After the second month, I started developing new inflamed papules. So, my doc...  Read Full »

Dr. Barve Vaibhav Saidas

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand your concern and would be happy to help. I suggest you to use Deriva-Cms gel (Adapalene and Clindamycin), Dermadew Aloe lotion, and a photostable gold sunscreen. I hope this helps. Thank you.  Read Full »

Why am I having pimples on my face for the last two years?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old and I am having pimples for the past two years. Please suggest treatment.  Read Full »

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to For acne, I suggest you can take 1) Azithromycin 500 mg thrice a week and repeat the medicine the next week. So, you take six tablets in two weeks. This tablet is to be taken half hour before breakfast. 2) Saslic face wash (Salicylic acid 1 %) twice daily. 3) Apply ...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.