Acute Pyelonephritis

I feel that my right-sided abdominal pain is not due to UTI alone. What can it be?

Query: Hello doctor, Five days ago, I had sudden pain in my lower right abdomen, along with nausea, vomiting, and fever. The pain subsided to a dull ache, which I still have now, the pressure is bad at the moment. I have been to the doctors twice, and I have had a urine test, which came back positive for a...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. You have pain in right lower abdomen along with the history of vomiting. The differential diagnosis are many, but I will mention two important diagnoses: Appendicitis is the first diagnosis. It begins with pain around the umbilicus, which th...  Read Full »

High sugar and creatinine levels. What might be the cause?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother-in-law is 56 year old. For the past 10 years she is having diabetes. Since 5-6 months, her sugar levels are very high. She is using insulin Actrapid 20 units. Three years back, she was diagnosed with breast cancer. Underwent operation, chemotherapy, radiation therapy and cancer ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your mother-in-law has been diagnosed with acute pyelonephritis that is there is infection in the kidneys. Her random blood sugar is also increased, which suggests that insulin dose should be increased. But, that depends on the treating doctor after assessing all her par...  Read Full »