Adenocarcinoma

Is GemCarbo chemotherapy effective?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother has been diagnosed with stage 4 adenocarcinoma. She was having trouble breathing due to pleural fluid buildup. As per our oncologist's suggestion we have started Gemcitabine-Carboplatin chemotherapy before 10 days. The suggested course of treatment is six cycles of chemothera...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your anxiety. By the EGFR (epidermal growth factor receptor) not been successful, do you mean that the test was not positive for mutations or it could not be performed due to inadequacy of the sample? Please clarify. Starting EGFR inhibitors in the absenc...  Read Full »

What is the treatment plan for a 48-year-old women with grade 1 endometrial adenocarcinoma?

Query: Hello doctor, What is the treatment plan for 48-year-old women with grade 1 endometrial adenocarcinoma and right ovary with endometroid carcinoma well differentiated 4.5 cm?  Read Full »

Dr. Varadarajan Kumar

Medical Oncologist, Radiation Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please also provide me with the following details to provide a treatment plan. 1. Depth of myometrial invasion. 2. Lymphovascular invasion- is present or not? 3. Status of the lymph node. 4. Peritoneal or omental sampling is done or not? 5. Pre-operative MRI fin...  Read Full »

Does Wellbutrin affect testosterone levels?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36 year old male. I suddenly developed sexual dysfunction, I have reduced interest, arousal, plateau, and orgasm. The triggering event seems to be the discontinuation of 150 mg Bupropion because of adverse effects. I switched to 20 mg Citalopram, and over the course of six month...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from the history you gave and the levels of testosterone you mentioned, it is very high level of serum testosterone. There are usually some males who normally have high testosterone levels without any major underlying disease. I will discuss ...  Read Full »

Does lymph node growth in a cancer patient indicate failure of chemo?

Query: Hello doctor, My father was diagnosed with adenocarcinoma of the esophagus six months back, stage II to III with a few malignant lymph nodes. He underwent surgery which was a success. He is taking chemotherapy right now, which is supposed to eliminate the malignant lymph nodes, which have spread to...  Read Full »

Dr. Satyajit Jalinder Pawar

Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. So, I have gone through your queries. I would like to know a few details which will help me in answering your questions. So before surgery what was his stage? What did baseline CT or PET (whichever was done) showed? Did he receive any chemotherapy prior to surgery? O...  Read Full »

Is surgery required after radio and chemotherapy for adenocarcinoma?

Query: Hi doctor, My father got cancer and the treatment was done. According to the reports, some of the doctors said he must need the surgery right now, and some of his doctors said he is fine after radiotherapy and chemo as the tumor and cancer cells are unseen in his body right now. So what do you sugg...  Read Full »

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen all your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), suggesting adenocarcinoma of text, which is 3 cm from anal verge with infiltrating surrounding lymph nodes. As I will tell you they did chemotherapy to reduce the extension of cancer cells su...  Read Full »

Kindly advice me about the risk in recurrent stoma closure operation.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 49 years old and suffering from adenocarcinoma in the rectum for the past five years. The doctor performed ileostomy, after that, I took radiotherapy and chemotherapy Pholfox 6. After that, I was declared free from cancer on the basis of PET scan report. Next year, I was admitted...  Read Full »

Dr. Arvind Guru

General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your treatment started and went on as per the standard guidelines. Your complications arose because of the stricture (narrowing) at the site of joining your intestine after removing cancer. (There can be many reasons for that, follow up if you are interested). Due to th...  Read Full »

A metastasis has been found in the abdominal wall. How can primary cancer be found?

Query: Hello doctor,My mother-in-law has a small cancer in the epigastric abdominal wall with adenocarcinoma, metastatic. We are carrying out further tests including PET-CT scan, endoscopy, colonoscopy, CBC, and all the CA tests, but no primary cancer was found. Now, what will I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Arshad Hussain Shah

Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the reports of your mother-in-law (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like they have not yet completed the full work up. Biopsy from the abdominal wall nodule shows metastatic adenocarcinoma. So now, they must do upper GI en...  Read Full »

My mom had hysterectomy for adenocarcinoma. Is radiation therapy compulsory?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother had complex endometrial hyperplasia for which surgery was fixed and last week, hysterectomy along with salpingo-oophorectomy and pelvic lymphonodectomy was done. After surgery, the parts were sent for histopathology. It was diagnosed as stage-2 endometrial adenocarcinoma. The...  Read Full »

Dr. Varadarajan Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It depends on the extent of disease within the myometrium and endocervical extent. For further queries consult a medical oncologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/medical-oncologist  Read Full »

What is the treatment for adenocarcinoma found in marrow biopsy?

Query: Hello doctor,The patient is 55-year-old female weighing 55 kg and suffering from adenocarcinoma as found in marrow biopsy. She is on ventilator now.  Read Full »

Dr. Andrew Chellakumar Fenn

Radiotherapist, Radiation Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The following are the questions which come to my mind, which is not provided by the information you provided: What were the complaints of your patient? Why is she on a ventilator? What is the working diagnosis of the doctors? Have the doctors informed you that ...  Read Full »

What is the survival rate of a gallbladder cancer patient?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is diagnosed with gallbladder cancer. I would like to know the stage, chances of survival and the life expectancy.  Read Full »

Dr. Arshad Hussain Shah

Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The imaging is clearly showing a gallbladder tumor. There are different types of gallbladder tumors and the prognosis, outcome, and survival is different from one person to other. Here we d...  Read Full »