Q. We have failed four IVF cycles due to endometriosis and adenomyosis. Please suggest Siddha medicines.

Dr. Arul Amuthan
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

My wife is suffering from endometriosis and adenomyosis. We had four failed IVF cycles, and the doctor is saying it is due to adenomyosis. Please let me know the Siddha treatment for this.

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist Naturopathy Pharmacology Siddha Medicine Toxicology

No one understands the difficulties of endometriosis expect the sufferer. I may request you to strictly go for IVF (in-vitro fertilization) as the uterus has adenomyosis and fibroids. Considering your age, IVF protocol with an experienced doctor may give the baby, that is the first goal now. After getting a baby, herbal medications can be taken continuously for many months for gynecological issues.

Suppose, if you want to give a gap before the next IVF procedure, then I suggest the following drugs to prepare the uterus and to reduce the inflammations so that the success rate will be relatively more.

a) Tablet Turmeric 100 (two in the morning, two in afternoons, and two in the night after food).

b) Capsule Nandhi Mezhugu 100 (morning one and night one after food. This capsule should be put on the mouth after which a cup of buttermilk should be taken).

c) Tablet M2 Tone 100 (two in the morning, two in afternoons, and two in the night after food).

You continue these Ayurvedic and Siddha drugs until the next IVF procedure starts. You stop these drugs once Allopathy injections started for IVF. These drugs will reduce inflammation, fibroid size, and improve the health of the uterus. You may ask nearby Ayurvedic medical shop to get these drugs for you.

Why am I having recurrent IVF failures?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had three IVF failures. Latest failure -four embryos transferred, two -day 3, two -day 5 (blastocyst with array), negative beta hCG. I want to know the reason for the failure.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry that you had an IVF failure. The causes can be many, right from immature poor quality egg fertilization, inadequate endometrialization, inadequate post embryo transfer medical support, previous endometriosis or any subsistent pelvic or vaginal infection or...  Read Full

Can I conceive with adenomyosis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 29 years old. Last year, I was diagnosed with adenomyosis after an ultrasound. Previously, I had undergone ovarian polyp removal. My gynecologist has told me that there is no problem with me to get pregnant. However, everything I read online says differently. We plan to start t...  Read Full >>

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, let me tell you that sonography is not always suggestive of adenomyosis. It cannot diagnose it. For diagnosis, you have to send biopsy of the uterus. In adenomyosis there is pain before, during and after menses. There is also focal and diffuse type of adenomy...  Read Full

I have endometriosis and cysts in both my ovaries. Should I try IVF?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 34 year old female, and I am suffering from severe pain and heavy bleeding every month, during my periods. I need to take painkillers to feel fine, and sometimes, it does not work. My recent medical report shows that I have endometriosis and cysts on both of my ovaries. But, I am s...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are few conditions where CA-125 (cancer antigen 125) remains elevated. Some of them are cancerous and some of them benign. Endometriosis is a benign condition, where CA-125 remains high. So, that is the reason for your high CA-125. IVF (in vitro fertiliz...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now