Q. Can I conceive with adenomyosis?

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani
Published on Dec 04, 2016

I am 29 years old. Last year, I was diagnosed with adenomyosis after an ultrasound. Previously, I had undergone ovarian polyp removal. My gynecologist has told me that there is no problem with me to get pregnant. However, everything I read online says differently. We plan to start trying for baby by next month. Is there anything I can do to help with the process? I am just confused with my doctor's words, as we have waited a year and the disease has more likely spread. I have been taking progesterone since the diagnosis. I just want to prepare myself mentally before trying. Thank you.

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Firstly, let me tell you that sonography is not always suggestive of adenomyosis. It cannot diagnose it. For diagnosis, you have to send biopsy of the uterus.

In adenomyosis there is pain before, during and after menses.

There is also focal and diffuse type of adenomyosis. Whatever you read on the internet is about diffuse or generalized adenomyosis. A few things on focal adenomyosis are available because most of the time it goes undiagnosed or has very mild symptoms that do not hamper routine.

So, just focus on the present and start trying for pregnancy. In fact, if you get pregnant and pregnancy goes up to term or near term, then there is a chance of cure from adenomyosis theoretically.

If you do not have the symptoms of clear adenomyosis, then there is a chance that it is not adenomyosis.

So, do not worry and take chance for a year. If you do not get pregnant, then consult a gynecologist as normal people.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Will hysterectomy cure adenomyosis?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife usually has a period for six to seven days. On the first two days, she has pain. At times, she has heavy clots also. The doctor had asked us to do the scanning and some test. The scanning report is attached. 'There is anteverted and bulky uterus which measures 11.7 by 10.3 by...  Read Full »

Pregnancy and Birth

Article Overview: Pregnancy is the time taken for a fetus to develop inside a woman’s womb. Sometimes, if more than one embryo develops inside the uterus at the same time, it is known as a multiple pregnancy.  Read Article

Dr. Shruti Kainth Kaushal

Overview: Pregnancy is the time taken for a fetus to develop inside a woman’s womb. Sometimes, if more than one embryo develops inside the uterus at the same time, it is known as a multiple pregnancy. It typically lasts for 40 weeks from the last menstrual period (LMP). A woman can get pregna...  Read Article