Q. I have endometriosis and cysts in both my ovaries. Should I try IVF?

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

I am a 34 year old female, and I am suffering from severe pain and heavy bleeding every month, during my periods. I need to take painkillers to feel fine, and sometimes, it does not work. My recent medical report shows that I have endometriosis and cysts on both of my ovaries. But, I am scared about the CA-125 result, which is 638. I am advised to try IVF. Is it because of endometriosis? Or am I suffering from cancer? Should I try IVF? Please help me.

#

• There are few conditions where CA-125 (cancer antigen 125) remains elevated. Some of them are cancerous and some of them benign. Endometriosis is a benign condition, where CA-125 remains high. So, that is the reason for your high CA-125.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|