Aflibercept

There is a cyst in the retina for my father. Which medicine will be suitable for him?

Query: Hi doctor, My father, who is 76 years old, has been diabetic for the last 25 years. He takes medicine and controls it within the range throughout. Around 20 years back, he had a cataract operation in both the eyes. There is no IOL. His eye problem started before two years. Due to which, there is bl...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After seeing the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I can see sub-RPE (retinal pigment epithelium) drusens and pigment epithelial detachment in both the eyes. There is also intraretinal cystic fluid. These findings are suggestive of wet age-related m...  Read Full »

Diabetic patient with retina problem, what treatment would be suggested?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 54 years old. I am a diabetic patient since 24 years. I have a retina problem in both the eyes. I had a laser surgery in both my eyes two years ago. It was repeated last year with three injections of Avastin and this year, the laser surgery was done only in the right eye. But, I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and seen the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have diabetic edema and diabetic retinopathy in the eye. From what I have seen, the left eye is fine but, the right eye is still swollen. The laser treatment w...  Read Full »