Airway Obstruction

What causes obstruction at the third rib above the nipple after getting cough?

Query: Hi doctor, I have mild cough and expectoration for the past six months and I consulted a pulmonologist. The doctor advised a CXR and PFT after diagnosing that I have mild asthma. I am taking Foracort inhaler and my symptoms are under control now. I feel like some obstruction is present at the level...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. According to your statement, you are suffering from mild expectorant for the past six months. According to the CXR (chest X-ray) provided here, (attachment removed to protect patient identity) I have not found any pathology present in the thir...  Read Full »

Septoplasty done before three months and still had dry breathing. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,How long does it take for breathing to feel normal after septoplasty/ turbinate reduction? I had the surgery three months back, and my nose still feels stiff and breathing dry and cold at times. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It usually takes two weeks maximum for you to get back to normal. It largely depends on for what the septoplasty and turbinate reduction have been performed. If you were having allergic issues earlier, along with which a deviated nasal septum and turbinate hypertrophy...  Read Full »

Am I experiencing breathlessness due to a deviated nasal septum?

Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I have been experiencing breathlessness. It happens mostly when I am idle or lying down. I feel no discomfort while running. But, I feel like I am short of breathe when I sit idle. I am a 23 year old male. I am reasonably fit. I do not smoke, although I drink occasionally and mo...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your history, you experience breathlessness while being idle and not during exercise suggests an airway problem. Supportive to this, you also suffer from a deviated nasal septum, which may cause nasal obstruction and that may sometimes cause breathlessness. Pat...  Read Full »

Does tree in bud nodules in CT scan mean cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, My CT scan says defined streaky opacity with associated loss volume and clustered tree in bud nodules have developed in the anterior segment of the upper left lobe. The associated central bronchi are impacted. Without an obvious mass, although a small central lesion is not excluded. The ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sunil Kumar Nookala

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Tree in bud appearance generally favors an infection. Can you upload your CT scan so that it may help? Do not bother about lung cancer. Revert with more information to a pulmonologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/pulmonologist  Read Full »

Will adenoid enlargement cause obstruction in air passage?

Query: Hello doctor, Do adenoid glands contract after a certain age? Is it natural for all people? What to do if these glands are enlarged and result in air obstruction?  Read Full »

Dr. A K Srivastava

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. About your query regarding adenoids, I would like to say these are lymphoid tissue located at the roof of the nasopharynx and as usual, they are meant to protect the body from infections. They are always found in infants and they are at their maximum size at the age ...  Read Full »

Can e-cigarette cause shortness of breath?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from shortness of breath after vaping e-cigarette. I consulted doctors and they said my lungs are fine. I read on the internet that a lot of people suffering with the same. When I reduce my e-cigarette I feel better. Also, I had FESS surgery and SMR before two weeks. My c...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have carefully reviewed your case and can well establish the issues you are facing right now. Actually, the chemicals in e-cigarette are very dangerous for the lungs and airways. They cause narrowing of the small airways due to toxic effects caused directly by the vap...  Read Full »

Is there a solution for heavy snoring?

Query: Hello doctor,I am suffering from a heavy snoring issue. With this issue, I am not able to enjoy with my friends when going on trips and even when someone visits our apartment. Is there a solution? My snoring is very severe.  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sure, there is a solution but firstly you have to detect the cause with the help of investigations and tests. You have to be examined by an otorhinolaryngologist to detect the nature of the soft palate, uvula, nasal septum, nasal turbinates, tongue base and to exclude a...  Read Full »

What Is The Treatment For Coughing Fits And Severe Tonsillitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 18 year old female, who is suffering from coughing fits and severe tonsillitis. The coughing fits only come when I am lying down, and I bring up mucus which kills my throat.  Read Full »

Dr. Jeremy David O'kennedy

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician, HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. Tonsillitis can be caused by certain viruses or bacteria. The family of bacteria which typically causes tonsillitis are called streptococci. Streptococcus is also one of the most common and important causes of tonsillitis, bron...  Read Full »

How to treat my son who is breathing through mouth and not nose?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is eight years old. From birth to till now, my son is taking Penicillin for the ear and throat infections. He cannot breathe through the nose. He uses mouth for breathing for years. What can I do now? Please suggest.  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You son is suffering from upper airway obstruction. It causes him to breathe through the mouth. It could be a result of allergies or inflammation of adenoids behind the nose. It can be cured by steroid sprays. It is just a part of the treatment. If there is some other f...  Read Full »

My baby is 5 days old and is suffering from Pierre Robin syndrome.Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor, My baby is 5 days old and is suffering from Pierre Robin syndrome. Kindly advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Vijaykumar Mundeshi

General Practitioner, Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pierre Robin syndrome consists of the following defects mostly:  Mandibular hypoplasia - retarded growth of the lower jaw. Cleft palate -  birth defect of the palate. Airway obstruction.  Kindly let us know what all defects your baby has at present and what all comp...  Read Full »