Amsler Grid Test

Are there any promising drugs under trial for dry AMD?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 63 years old. I was diagnosed with dry intermediate AMD about five years back. The VA then was 20/25 and now it is 20/60. I am currently on AREDS. I am a non-smoker. I have an excellent health otherwise. The Amsler is normal. The recent OCT showed no fluid. Do you have any thoug...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For dry AMD (age-related macular degeneration), the recommendations mostly include AREDS2 (Age-related Eye Disease studies 2) formulation. The other recommendations are quitting smoking (in case of smokers), controlling hypertension, lipid level, diabetes and regular...  Read Full »

Could exposure to bright sunlight be the reason for my vision problem?

Query: Hello doctor, Today while talking with my friend, the sun rays was going into my eyes so I closed my right eye. Only my left eye was open, and the man with whom I was talking to moved his hand much so I noticed that his hand was coming and going for some moment. And my left eye is not in the middle...  Read Full »

Dr. Skandha Harshita

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and understood your concern. Everyone of us have a blindspot in the eye that is 15 degrees to the outside. It is normal, but if you have a large degree of blindspot, that is not normal. I would advise you to take a confrontation test ...  Read Full »

Cataract in one eye and solar burn in other. Does solar burn occur in one eye?

Query: Hi doctor, My father who is 56 years old, observed reduced visibility since 8 months. On consulting a doctor, he found cataract in one eye and solar burn in the other. Does solar burn occur in one eye?  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Solar retinopathy is due to exposure to radiations from sun. It mostly affects both eyes but in some patients only one eye may be affected. I advise you to consult a local eye specialist and get fundus fluorescein angiography (FFA) and optical coherence tomography (OC...  Read Full »