Anti Allergic Eye Drops

It feels like something is in my eye, but nothing is there. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 43 year old male. I did not have any eye problem until I went to the eye doctor to get a regular eye checkup. I am always on the computer and watching television. Also, I work as a clerk and receiving goods in the computer. I have been doing this for the past 15 years with no eye p...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your present problem of dryness and foreign body sensation is not related to dilatation done by your doctor. For dryness, the doctor has prescribed you Systane eye drop, which is a very good lubricating eye drop. The cause of foreign body sensation could be meibomitis (in...  Read Full »

What causes eye irritation and watering?

Query: Hi doctor, When I go to bed, my eyes start watering, mainly the left one. When I get out of my bed and look myself in the mirror, my eyes are red and my eyelids swollen. When I wake up in the morning, I have the same problem of tearing eyes, redness and eyelid swelling. I sleep on the left side, an...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Xanthelasma is nothing to do with your problems. It is due to high cholesterol levels. Your watering problem may be related to previous conjunctivitis attacks. Do you have irritation during watering or blurring of vision after conjunctivitis? This is more common in vir...  Read Full »

Why are my eyes dry, pain, and irritate?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a student, and I stay in a highly polluted area. I got shifted here five months ago. Early in the morning as soon as I wake up for five to ten minutes, my eyes start paining and irritating. Few times it also turns red. Due to this I could not wake up on time and also feel uncomforta...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. By your description, it looks like a condition called vernal keratoconjunctivitis. It is a type of allergic condition. It increases in summer and dusty polluted environment. I suggest you wash your eyes with cold filter water twice a day. Also, use Pataday eye drops (O...  Read Full »

Should I continue FML more than a week for viral conjunctivitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I had viral conjunctivitis a month ago. I was on FML for one week and after which, my eye got normal. I was asked to taper the dose and stop FML in three weeks by my doctor. I did so, but as soon as I stopped it my eyes started to redden again. My doctor said it was an allergy. I am on an...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sometimes, episodes of redness can be anticipated after tapering steroids (FML - Fluorometholone). However, we do not have advice steroids for a prolonged time due to its side effect profile. Use of steroid sparing agents is advocated. These include anti-inflammatories...  Read Full »

Shall I use Oculosan eye drops for red eyes?

Query: Hello doctor, I used contact lens after a long time and after that I have got red and tired eyes. My white portion of the eye has red lines. I went to a chemist and he gave me Oculosan eye drop and it has Zinc sulfate and Naphazoline. Is it safe? I am also using Refresh tears eye drops.  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner, Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, stop using contact lenses for at least a week. Take good care of hygiene. You can use Refresh tears (Carboxymethylcellulose sodium solution) for at least four times a day. Visit to an ophthalmologist to rule out any abrasion or infective pathology. Also,...  Read Full »

Is it alright to use Lastacaft eye drops after a laser cataract surgery?

Query: Hi doctor,I am trying to get help for a friend who had laser cataract surgery last year. She has Lastacaft eye drops that she would like to use and would like to know if it is alright to use.  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Lastacaft (Alcaftadine) eye drops is an antiallergic drug. It usually should be used only after the advice of your doctor. If your friend suffers from ocular itching, then it is alright to use it. It will not have any side effects on the cataract surgery, but make sur...  Read Full »

What can cause redness and itching of the eye since two years?

Query: Hello doctor, A 10 year old boy I know seems to have an eye allergy. The redness of the eyes started when he was eight. He rubs his eyes as they itch him, especially during sunset and before bedtime. His eyesight has been examined and found to be normal. His uncle, 32 years old, had the same issue ...  Read Full »

Dr. Chandrashekhar Kale

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity) do suggest that he is suffering from allergic conjunctivitis. It is treated with steroid eye drops and anti allergic eyedrops and lubricating eye drops. But, the dose has to be titrated by an eye doctor after ...  Read Full »

What are the reasons for sudden eye swelling?

Query: Hi doctor, I have allergies and normally it presents with runny nose and itchy eyes. So, I have been rubbing my eyes. Today, there is a sudden onset of swelling of the eye. It keeps spreading from the left corner of my eye to below and above the orbital area of my left eye. I have red conjunctiva. I...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the pictures of your eyes (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As you mentioned it looks like acute allergic reaction. Continue the same medicines, Zyrtec (Cetirizine) twice a day and Prednisolone eye drops 2 hourly. It will resolve in a ...  Read Full »

I am getting watery discharge from eyes. Could this be conjunctivitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have little white discharge from my eyes when I wake up. Could this be some form of conjunctivitis? If yes, what is the treatment? I have been washing my eyes with warm saline water for three days. After I wash, the eyes are normal and there is no redness during the day. The condition ...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If this is a recent onset and finding, then it could be conjunctivitis. But, if you do not have other symptoms like pain, then it is likely to be pollution related. Try to change in your exposure to pollution. You may continue the saline wash. Also, Olopatadine eye drop...  Read Full »

Please suggest some anti-allergic eye drops for seasonal allergy.

Query: Hi doctor, I suffer from seasonal allergy every year. It starts from the month of August till December for the past 15 years. When the season changes, I get running nose, excessive sneezing and itchy watery eyes. I also have an intolerable itching in the eyelids and in the corners of the eye. I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The allergic eye can be treated with eye drops such as Olopatadine once a day or twice if severe. This can be used for a long term relief. For an acute exacerbation, use Loteprednol eye drops two hours or as frequently as required when you have an itch. If it is a very se...  Read Full »