Anti Allergic Eye Drops

It feels like something is in my eye, but nothing is there. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 43 year old male. I did not have any eye problem until I went to the eye doctor to get a regular eye checkup. I am always on the computer and watching television. Also, I work as a clerk and receiving goods in the computer. I have been doing this for the past 15 years with no eye p...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your present problem of dryness and foreign body sensation is not related to dilatation done by your doctor. For dryness, the doctor has prescribed you Systane eye drop, which is a very good lubricating eye drop. The cause of foreign body sensation could be meibomitis (in...  Read Full »

Is it alright to use Lastacaft eye drops after a laser cataract surgery?

Query: Hi doctor,I am trying to get help for a friend who had laser cataract surgery last year. She has Lastacaft eye drops that she would like to use and would like to know if it is alright to use.  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Lastacaft (Alcaftadine) eye drops is an antiallergic drug. It usually should be used only after the advice of your doctor. If your friend suffers from ocular itching, then it is alright to use it. It will not have any side effects on the cataract surgery, but make sur...  Read Full »

Which anti-allergic eye drops can I use for seasonal allergy?

Query: Hi doctor, I suffer from seasonal allergy every year. It starts from the month of August till December for the past 15 years. When the season changes, I get running nose, excessive sneezing and itchy watery eyes. I also have an intolerable itching in the eyelids and in the corners of the eye. I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The allergic eye can be treated with eye drops such as Olopatadine once a day or twice if severe. This can be used for a long term relief. For an acute exacerbation, use Loteprednol eye drops two hours or as frequently as required when you have an itch. If it is a very se...  Read Full »

What causes continuous eye allergy and irritation?

Query: Hi doctor, I have eye allergy for the past 1.7 years. I have consulted many doctors. I am using steroid eye drops too, but my eye allergy is still present. My eye irritates when it contact with blowing air, perfumes, air conditioner, strong odors, when I get cold and sometimes suddenly without any ...  Read Full »

Dr. N. Sathian

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems to be a generalized allergy with sneezing, cold eye symptoms and headache which could be due to sinusitis, pharyngitis and allergic conjunctivitis. This can be triggered either because of a drop in your anti-allergic immunity or any form of new exposure due to ch...  Read Full »

Is vomiting a cause of prominence of the vessels of sclera?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21 year old female. I was bulimic for about a year. It happens once or twice a week. I never noticed any permanent changes in my eyes throughout my episodes. However, the last time I ever binged and purged three months ago, I vomited violently. A few weeks after this, I noticed tha...  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner, Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern regarding your complaints. Do you have any pain in your eyes or developed any problem in vision in that duration? Is it associated with any redness? It would have been of help if you have sent a recent photograph of both of your eyes. Ke...  Read Full »

Kindly tell me ways to cure eye allergy.

Query: Hi doctor, My 3 year old son has eye allergy for over two months now. When I consulted first, doctor suggested after inspection that it is a kind of seasonal pollen allergy and to give the eye drop Olopatadine along with Cellulose based eye lubricant. As it was not completely cured they gave steroid...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your doctor is right in saying that your son has allergic conjunctivitis. Eye allergies, called allergic conjunctivitis, are a common condition that occurs when the eyes react to something that irritates them, called an allergen. The most common allergens are dust and pol...  Read Full »

What causes eye irritation and watering?

Query: Hi doctor, When I go to bed, my eyes start watering, mainly the left one. When I get out of my bed and look myself in the mirror, my eyes are red and my eyelids swollen. When I wake up in the morning, I have the same problem of tearing eyes, redness and eyelid swelling. I sleep on the left side, an...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Xanthelasma is nothing to do with your problems. It is due to high cholesterol levels. Your watering problem may be related to previous conjunctivitis attacks. Do you have irritation during watering or blurring of vision after conjunctivitis? This is more common in vir...  Read Full »

Why are my eyes dry, pain, and irritate?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a student, and I stay in a highly polluted area. I got shifted here five months ago. Early in the morning as soon as I wake up for five to ten minutes, my eyes start paining and irritating. Few times it also turns red. Due to this I could not wake up on time and also feel uncomforta...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. By your description, it looks like a condition called vernal keratoconjunctivitis. It is a type of allergic condition. It increases in summer and dusty polluted environment. I suggest you wash your eyes with cold filter water twice a day. Also, use Pataday eye drops (O...  Read Full »

Should I continue FML more than a week for viral conjunctivitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I had viral conjunctivitis a month ago. I was on FML for one week and after which, my eye got normal. I was asked to taper the dose and stop FML in three weeks by my doctor. I did so, but as soon as I stopped it my eyes started to redden again. My doctor said it was an allergy. I am on an...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sometimes, episodes of redness can be anticipated after tapering steroids (FML - Fluorometholone). However, we do not have advice steroids for a prolonged time due to its side effect profile. Use of steroid sparing agents is advocated. These include anti-inflammatories...  Read Full »

Shall I use Oculosan eye drops for red eyes?

Query: Hello doctor, I used contact lens after a long time and after that I have got red and tired eyes. My white portion of the eye has red lines. I went to a chemist and he gave me Oculosan eye drop and it has Zinc sulfate and Naphazoline. Is it safe? I am also using Refresh tears eye drops.  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, stop using contact lenses for at least a week. Take good care of hygiene. You can use Refresh tears (Carboxymethylcellulose sodium solution) for at least four times a day. Visit to an ophthalmologist to rule out any abrasion or infective pathology. Also,...  Read Full »