Anti-vegf

What causes blurring in the central part of vision?

Query: Hi doctor, The patient is a 68-year-old male. He has diabetes for the last 20 years, and he is also having liver cirrhosis issues from two years before. As per age and problems, he can be considered fit as he eats well just like adults and likes to move around and do yoga. But recently, for the pas...  Read Full »

Dr. Arnab Pal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the blood reports and the eye reports (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity). The blood reports are satisfactory except that PPBS (post-prandial blood sugar) seems a bit high. That needs to be controlled. The eye reports document ...  Read Full »

Kindly go through my mother's OCT report and help us.

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 60 years old. She has diabetes and high blood pressure for the past 10 years. Recently, her vision in the right eye was deteriorated. Her doctor did retina OCT and fluorescein angiography. I consulted two other doctors. The first one said that she needs three doses of Luce...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your mother seems to have BRVO (branch retinal vein occlusion) with macular edema. The treatment is two-fold. The treatment of the eye. Control of systemic conditions like blood pressure and ...  Read Full »

There is a black line in eye obstructing my vision. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,My left eye developed a black wavy line that moves around every time I try to focus, at times obstructing my vision. After consulting a doctor and after an eye dilution test, she confirmed that bleeding had occurred in my eye around two weeks ago and the black line I could see was the b...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have vasculitis which is inflammation of blood vessels in your eye which makes your blood vessels leaky. Injections of an anti-VEGF compound are indicated in this but before this, you need laser therapy in your eye along with a course of steroids. You need t...  Read Full »

There is a cyst in the retina for my father. Which medicine will be suitable for him?

Query: Hi doctor, My father, who is 76 years old, has been diabetic for the last 25 years. He takes medicine and controls it within the range throughout. Around 20 years back, he had a cataract operation in both the eyes. There is no IOL. His eye problem started before two years. Due to which, there is bl...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After seeing the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I can see sub-RPE (retinal pigment epithelium) drusens and pigment epithelial detachment in both the eyes. There is also intraretinal cystic fluid. These findings are suggestive of wet age-related m...  Read Full »

What can be done for loss of vision in the right eye?

Query: Hello doctor, My right eye had lost its vision capacity and now left is losing. I have consulted a doctor and he advised me that I have almost lost my right eye and now I have to take three injections for three months, each injection in each month. Please advise me what can be done further.  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, according to reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), your right eye is suffering from a macular scar which according to current treatment modalities is now mostly untreatable. For left, which is also suffering from similar disease but the differen...  Read Full »