Q. What can be done for loss of vision in the right eye?

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

My right eye had lost its vision capacity and now left is losing. I have consulted a doctor and he advised me that I have almost lost my right eye and now I have to take three injections for three months, each injection in each month. Please advise me what can be done further.

#

Yes, according to reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), your right eye is suffering from a macular scar which according to current treatment modalities is now mostly untreatable. For left, which is also suffering from similar disease but the difference is that in the left eye the disease is still active and if anti-VEGF (vascular endothelial growth factor) injections are used now, we can regain some useful vision back and also we can reduce the chances and size of macular scar in this eye. The protocol says three injections for first three months, then repeat OCT (optical coherence tomography) to check the level of fluids, and then anti-VEGF can be given on required basis. I think you should go for anti-VEGF injections. It is your best chance.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

Before this test, I consulted another doctor who diagnosed it as a disease called Stargardt disease. Please confirm whether it is Stargardt disease or something else.

#

Yes, it appears to be herdomacular degeneration and Stargardt is a form of this disease. The visual prognosis will be guarded but these injections will help to some extent.

|