Anticholinergics

I have constant irritation in my bladder due to weak detrusor muscle. Kindly help me.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been told that I have a weak detrusor muscle and an overactive bladder. I feel constant irritation in the bladder and sometimes, my lower abdomen area swells up. I had negative urine cultures, and I have been told Botox may help me, but I can only have 50 % or so strength due to...  Read Full »

Dr. Praveen Pushkar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Botox is used for overactive bladder, once oral anticholinergic medication fails to give benefit. Botox gives benefit for 6 to 9 months, so it has to be repeated after a year. There is a risk of detrusor acontractility after injection, for which you might have to use C...  Read Full »

I have a urine dribbling problem after urination. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor,I have urine dripping problem after urination. I also have frequent urination. I have uploaded all test reports. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Praveen Pushkar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). All your reports are fine. Probably, you are having overactive bladder. It can only be diagnosed by urodynamics bladder pressure study. It is better to get it done before starting the tr...  Read Full »

How is burning sensation in the penis treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I suffer from nocturia. I have had two TURPs done about eight years ago with not much success. Anticholinergic drugs do not work Of recent I was going to urinate about nine times at night with an urge to urinate but little urine coming out. I have been to a urologist and the following...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How is your nocturia now? Have you had bladder diary maintained for nocturia? What is your bladder capacity on ultrasound? Burning sensation appears because of minor trauma during cystoscopy. It will take some weeks to heal. I suggest you take syrup Cital (alkali...  Read Full »

Why do I have a double urine stream?

Query: Hello doctor, I have recently developed a double urine stream from last week. I have anxiety and had all sorts of urinary tract issues and bowel issues with anxiety. Frequent urination, splashing urination and trouble urinating and I think double urination is the next in line. I had an ultrasound t...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The split stream can be due to narrowing of the urethral opening or sometimes due to voiding with high pressure. If you consult your urologist, get a uroflow test done. If there is any narrowing, it will show in the flow. Splaying of the stream can sometimes be prevent...  Read Full »

I have increased urgency to urinate. Do you think this is OAB?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old male, a third-year medical student. For the past seven days, I have had an increased urgency and frequency to urinate. I can go even more than 30 times a day - majority of these times, I feel an increased urgency. However, when I go, only a small amount ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Relax and do not worry. As per your symptoms, it looks like overactive bladder only. Do you have any problem with the flow of urine? Or hesitation? Anyhow, as you are taking antibiotics better finish the course. I would like you to: Maintain a bladder diary fo...  Read Full »