Q. When I stop anxiety medicine, why do I feel pain in the chest and anxious?

Dr. Bharat Udey
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 10, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am 22 years old. My problem is that I have been suffering from depression and anxiety for the past one year. Without knowing it, I consulted a cardiologist for chest pain and anxiety. They prescribed me Pexep-CR 25, Lonazep 0.25 and Betacap. I took those medicines regularly for 1.5 years and I felt good. When I stopped the medicines, I felt chest pain and anxiety. Again, I am feeling depressed and I think that I will die because of heart attack. Again, I consulted the cardiologist and started taking the medicines regularly. After 3 hours of medicine, I feel a burning sensation, sleepy and body pain. I had a habit of masturbation before depression and I used to masturbate regularly to get rid of nightfall. Is it safe to take Bupropion?

#

It seems that you had a relapse of anxiety symptoms after the first time you stopped your medications.

Relapses are more severe. They need a higher dose and a much longer duration for recovery.

Hence, in your case, you need to either increase the dose or you can add or replace the current treatment with a longer acting drug for round the clock effect.

Keeping in view your sexual habits, it is preferable for you to start with Desvenlafaxine 50 mg, which will help in reducing anxiety symptoms and will not affect your sexual functioning as well.

Bupropion is a good drug with minimum sexual side effects; however, it is not as effective as Desvenlafaxine or Pexep (Paroxetine) in controlling anxiety symptoms. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.

For further information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|