Aphrodisiac

Do I have to stop taking ashwagandha before a surgery?Will it interact with anesthesia?

Query: Hello doctor, I am scheduled for sinus surgery day after tomorrow. I have been given a list of medications which should not be taken and I have followed that. However, I have been taking ashwagandha (herb supplement 470 mg once a day) to help with anxiety. I read online that this may interfere with ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your query in detail. Please find my observations below. 1. Ashwagandha or Indian ginseng is a well known ayurvedic herbal medicine. 2. The following constitute its important effects on the human body: It causes increase in energy levels. It m...  Read Full »

Is it good to take Yarsagumba for me and my daughter?

Query: Hi doctor, I bought Yarsagumba from my friend. How can I use it for myself and my daughter? Is it good or bad? Does it show any side effects after taking it?  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It should be taken under a doctor's supervision. On continuity, you can take it for three to seven days. Then you have to reduce the quantity gradually. On using it, it provides strength to the body. It is an immunity booster and an aphrodisiac. It is good. Consult a ne...  Read Full »