Apical Periodontitis

I have toothache while biting. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have horrible pain in my tooth and gum. If I bite down, pain shoots and my face is swollen a bit.  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly uoload an inage of the tooth to me if possible. As a specialist, I am here to help you. Pain upon biting means the infection from the infected pulp has reached to the root apex and got collected locally. It is known as apical periodontitis. You need Root...  Read Full »

What is the hard yellow thing accumulated in lower teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having a hard yellow thing accumulated in lower four teeth near gums. I do not know what it is? It just happened a few days ago.  Read Full »

Dr. Vijeta Singh

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The hard yellow deposit is calculus (mineral deposits) on lower teeth which are receding your gum (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It can be apical periodontitis and/or apical periodontitis with abfraction. Please share a good picture just focusing o...  Read Full »

How to manage the pain present in crowned tooth?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a cavity in my lower front tooth. I filled it and placed a crown over it. After a month, I started to have pain and sensitivity. The X-ray was normal. Yesterday, I had pain again. The X-ray was quite fine and healthy. I also have soreness in my gums and pain in the chin. Please adv...  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, it looks like stress related periapical periodontitis. You may need to readjust the crown if you feel muscle heaviness on the same side or opposite side. Please upload a picture of you...  Read Full »

Please give a solution for an infected tooth.

Query: Hi doctor, My right tooth is infected. I have done a filling in the tooth before two years. Now, the infection has spread to the roots. I am unable to use the right side because of this problem. Please tell me the solution.  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your history, you are suffering from apical periodontitis, as the infection has spread to the roots. The problem is due to pulp exposure. So you can take medication for at least three to five days. Take tablet Augmentin 625 mg (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) tw...  Read Full »