Q. What are the treatment options for subacute appendicitis?

Dr. Zubin Dev Sharma
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 16, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 19, 2019

I am having pain in the right lower abdomen for a week. Ultrasound suggests subacute appendicitis. CBC, LFT, and KFT are normal. I do not have a fever. What are the treatment options? Is surgery necessary? Can this be treated with medicine only? Currently taking Oflox 200 twice a day. Will Oflox 200 cure this? Please advise.

#

Subacute appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix. The usual treatment is surgery after a course of antibiotics. The best judge of this is a surgeon who has examined you as clinical signs of local guarding and peritonitis are of utmost importance for the timing of surgery. Treating only with antibiotics gives a possibility of not recurrent symptoms. Untreated appendicitis and partially treated also has its complications. So my opinion would be to be in touch with your doctor who can examine you to see signs.

|