Ofloxacin

What could be the reason for pain in the left side of stomach with burping, gas and green stool?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing a pain on the left side of my stomach with passing gas and burping in the stomach. My stool is green and there is no sign of blood and no vomiting. I have been to the doctor and he gave me Nexium and Ranitidine for three days. Also, I was feeling a little bett...  Read Full »

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Pain on the left side of the abdomen, along with burping and stomach pain are all suggestive of colitis. Since your stool is also green in color, it is advisable that you get your stool examined for parasites and ova. The sensation in the ...  Read Full »

I have subacute appendicitis. What is the treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having pain in the right lower abdomen for a week. Ultrasound suggests subacute appendicitis. CBC, LFT, and KFT are normal. I do not have a fever. What are the treatment options? Is surgery necessary? Can this be treated with medicine only? Currently taking Oflox 200 twice a day....  Read Full »

Dr. Zubin Dev Sharma

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Subacute appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix. The usual treatment is surgery after a course of antibiotics. The best judge of this is a surgeon who has examined you as clinical signs of local guarding and peritonitis are of utmost importance for the timin...  Read Full »

What causes testicular pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old. I have mild pain in right testicle for a week. The nerves connecting to the right testicle are always in strain mainly in the area of epididymis and vas deference. It pains when I walk, jump, rub or masturbate. I get random swelling, irritation and pain in my right test...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your symptoms, I believe you are having one of the following: Chronic inflammation of prostate (prostatitis) with pain being referred to testis. Pelvic pain syndrome with primary involvement of testis. Very rarely ureteric stones for repeated testicular tor...  Read Full »

An 8-month-old baby has loose motion even after consulting a doctor. Please help me.

Query: Hello doctor,My eight-month baby has a loose motion for 20 days. Stool test has been done, and it shows negative, I have consulted doctor, but still, she has loose motion around five times a day. Can you please help me with this?  Read Full »

Dr. M.l.kothari

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Give your kid following medicine. 1.Syrup Zenflox 100 mg (Ofloxacin) one teaspoon full twice a day for five days. 2. Syrup Vizylac one teaspoon full twice a day for five days. According to me stop milk from 8 am to 8 pm and give semisolid diet like dal, dalia, khi...  Read Full »

Can Eldopar be used for children?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter has been experiencing some stomach ache since two hours. She went to the toilet and had loose stool, not exactly watery but loose. She is also complaining of vomiting feeling. Can I give her Eldopar? Is any antibiotic required for stomach infection? I have given her 5 mL of On...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Stomach ache, nausea and loose stools could be due to acute gastroenteritis, food poisoning or stomach upset.¬†Child will need antibiotics, because this appears to be an infection. Eldopar contains Loperamide drug, which is used to stop loos...  Read Full »

I poop red blood for almost thre years. Is there any home remedy?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 42-year-old male. Three years approximately poop red blood a lot. But in the last two weeks more so. Almost every day it is coming now with stomach pain and slight bloating any information needed. Any home remedies to ease one or all of my symptoms? Any home remedies to slow what...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to the icliniq.com. You have blood in stool complaint along with stomach pain, so points towards gastroenteritis like infective condition. You need to investigate with stool routine micro examination for primary workup. Local rectal and anal examination with the aid of proctoscopy a...  Read Full »

Can Ofloxacin and Flagyl be given for loose motion in a newborn?

Query: Hello doctor, Five months old baby suffered from loose motion and fewer doctors gave Ofloxacin 50 mg and Flagyl 200 mg syrup. They told to give 3 ml three times a day, each syrup for 5 months old. Is this dosage correct?  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The dose specified above is too much and unnecessary for a child so small as 6.8 kg. It is advisable instead to just give the child Enterogermina 1 capsule twice a day for five days along with ORS with the passage of each loose stool. As for the fever, you can give syru...  Read Full »

What is the cure for loose motions?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from loose motions since last three days. I have visited a doctor. He advised me Oflox 200, Entroquinol and Deulac forte for three days. I have taken the medicines as prescribed until today but even then they have not reduced. I am traveling, so it is difficult for me. ...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since there is no response, you need to change the medicines. You should have Oflox OZ (Ofloxacin and Ornidazole) 200 mg or 500 mg twice a day for five days along with tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg before breakfast for five days. Also, for symptomatic relief, you should ha...  Read Full »

Please suggest some medicine for earache.

Query: Hi doctor, My wife who is 27 years old having cold since 3-4 days. Right now she is having severe earache. I have already given her painkiller like Combiflam and Nicip. Also gave her cough syrup Benadryl. The earache is very severe and she is not able to bear it. Can you recommend some medicine?...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine concern. Your wife might be having throat infection which has spread to the internal ear. This infection is causing congestion and severe ear pain. As you have already given her oral analge...  Read Full »

After pterygium surgery, is it normal to feel the eyelid to be thick?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a question. My uncle had pterygium excision with conjunctival autograft surgery on his right eye. He was given Ofloxacin ophthalmic solution 0.3% drops for eyes. After using the drop 4 times a day for 4 days, things did not seem right. After peeling the label of the bottle he...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubair A Shaikh

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The cause for his present complaint is due to the surgical trauma induced by the surgery. In pterygium surgery, the mass of tissue is cut and scraped off and then a graft is placed to cover the defect. Our eyes are so sensitive, that even when an eyelash accidentally f...  Read Full »