Arthritis

Why do I have trigger problems in the middle finger of both hands?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having trigger problem in the middle finger of my left hand over a year. But, the same finger of my right hand has now developed the same problem. They are especially bad in the morning and it is difficult to straighten them. I can feel a very heavy click when I do it. I had blood te...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most important information to know would be x-ray of your hands. There are different types of arthritis like autoimmune, osteoarthritis and gout. It could also become worse with your new medications as they can cause bone loss and pain. It may also occur if you have a...  Read Full »

I feel muscle tightness in both feet while sleeping. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35 year old male. For the past two years, I am suffering from muscle pain near ankle and also have muscle tightness in both feet while sleeping. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your problems could be due to arthritis of ankle joint or due to bone weakness. I recommend you to get the following tests done and revert back with reports. C-reactive protein (CRP), serum uric acid, serum vitamin D3 levels and rheumatoid arthritis (RA factor). ...  Read Full »

What to do for knee and leg muscle stiffness in arthritis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from arthritis for about a year. Due to arthritis, I am almost on the bed for six months. Now I am fit but as I was on bed for six months my leg muscles (behind the knee) was badly stiffed and band to 90 degrees. I cannot stretch my legs straight, because the leg muscl...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhav Ramesh Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have studied your case. As per your symptoms you need to do physiotherapy and knee exercises to improve the range of motion. You need to consult a physiotherapist for proper rehabilitation. Initially, quadriceps strengthening and range of motion exercises are impo...  Read Full »

What are the health implications due to raised ESR and SGPT?

Query: Hello doctor, My friend has a disc bulge and lipping osteophytes. She is using a belt now to support her back. She is now experiencing continuous pain, though not unbearable. When she had the blood reports, her erythrocyte sedimentation rate is 40 mm/hr and her SGPT is 38 U/L, both above the refere...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhav Ramesh Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have studied your case with diligence. I have seen the reports also. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Raised ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) with raised SGPT (serum glutamic pyruvic transaminase) suggest the possibility of polyarthritis. You...  Read Full »

Pleas suggest a solution to get rid of long term joint pain.

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 57 years old, and suffering from joint pain for the last 20 years and still not able to get rid off it. We just got her full body checkup done. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Chintan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand you told me about joint pain in general. It will be better if you let me know which joints are affected and how severe it is? You can send me the reports as well.  Read Full »

Why do older adults get cramps in the calf muscles?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a former marathon runner for about 40 years. With age and bad knees, I am restricted to walk now, but I try to walk at least four days a week for 15 minutes. Recently, when I walk for about half a mile, I am getting cramps in my right calf muscles. I am fine on the exercise bike ...  Read Full »

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. I am really proud to talk to a marathon runner. I understand that walking or running is one of the most important part of your life, but with age out joints get weaker, there is a deposition of fluid in between joint spaces, cartilage...  Read Full »

Are joint and knee pain symptoms of gout?

Query: Hi doctor, Over the last few weeks, my wife is suffering from joint pain in foot and right knee. When I search for this problem online, I found it as a symptom of gout. Can you please explain me about gout?  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.I have gone through your query and also looked at the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Initially, I would like to throw some information about gout. It is a condition of altered purine metabolism in the body in which crystals of monosodium urate d...  Read Full »

I have a severe knee pain and cannot walk without limping. What it could be?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been having severe pain in my left knee for roughly three days now. It is on the inside of the knee and slightly behind the knee cap while standing and with my leg straight. When it is bent, it is on the outside of the knee too. I cannot put any weight on it, cannot walk properly...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sudden onset of pain at this generally indicates traumatic nature of suffering. It is possible that you suffered with some minor injury in last couple of days. The second possibility is an infection in which there may be redness and slight fever over the affected joint...  Read Full »

I have swelling and pain in DIP joints. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I have had pain and a tiny bump on right pinky (DIP) for over six months, only when I touch it. Now I have slight stiffness in two other DIP joints and one PIP joint (same R hand which I use a lot on the computer, maybe two hours a day). Also one DIP joint other hand. It got much worse ...  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, as per your clinical history and symptoms it does look like nodal osteoarthritis of the hands. My point in favor: 1. DIP joints are never involved in rheumatoid arthritis. If they are inflamed we have to think of alternative diagnosis. Either OA or psoriatic arth...  Read Full »

I am diagnosed with tinnitus. What could be the cause for it?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed with tinnitus, and it is driving me crazy for the past 5.5 months. In my CTA examination, my upper cervical spine demonstrates some moderate facet arthritis primarily at c2 and c3. It also shows an incomplete fusion of the posterior arch of c1 and mild cervical s...  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cervical spine abnormalities can cause vertigo but not tinnitus. A zygomatic bone fracture can be a cause of tinnitus if it is impinging on the mandible. But that would be more due to chewing and movements of the lower jaw, and sinusitis can also cause tinnitus if it...  Read Full »