Arthritis

Pleas suggest a solution to get rid of long term joint pain.

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 57 years old, and suffering from joint pain for the last 20 years and still not able to get rid off it. We just got her full body checkup done. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Chintan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand you told me about joint pain in general. It will be better if you let me know which joints are affected and how severe it is? You can send me the reports as well.  Read Full »

Why do older adults get cramps in the calf muscles?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a former marathon runner for about 40 years. With age and bad knees, I am restricted to walk now, but I try to walk at least four days a week for 15 minutes. Recently, when I walk for about half a mile, I am getting cramps in my right calf muscles. I am fine on the exercise bike ...  Read Full »

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. I am really proud to talk to a marathon runner. I understand that walking or running is one of the most important part of your life, but with age out joints get weaker, there is a deposition of fluid in between joint spaces, cartilage...  Read Full »

Are joint and knee pain symptoms of gout?

Query: Hi doctor, Over the last few weeks, my wife is suffering from joint pain in foot and right knee. When I search for this problem online, I found it as a symptom of gout. Can you please explain me about gout?  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.I have gone through your query and also looked at the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Initially, I would like to throw some information about gout. It is a condition of altered purine metabolism in the body in which crystals of monosodium urate d...  Read Full »

I have a severe knee pain and cannot walk without limping. What it could be?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been having severe pain in my left knee for roughly three days now. It is on the inside of the knee and slightly behind the knee cap while standing and with my leg straight. When it is bent, it is on the outside of the knee too. I cannot put any weight on it, cannot walk properly...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sudden onset of pain at this generally indicates traumatic nature of suffering. It is possible that you suffered with some minor injury in last couple of days. The second possibility is an infection in which there may be redness and slight fever over the affected joint...  Read Full »

I have swelling and pain in DIP joints. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I have had pain and a tiny bump on right pinky (DIP) for over six months, only when I touch it. Now I have slight stiffness in two other DIP joints and one PIP joint (same R hand which I use a lot on the computer, maybe two hours a day). Also one DIP joint other hand. It got much worse ...  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, as per your clinical history and symptoms it does look like nodal osteoarthritis of the hands. My point in favor: 1. DIP joints are never involved in rheumatoid arthritis. If they are inflamed we have to think of alternative diagnosis. Either OA or psoriatic arth...  Read Full »

I am diagnosed with tinnitus. What could be the cause for it?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed with tinnitus, and it is driving me crazy for the past 5.5 months. In my CTA examination, my upper cervical spine demonstrates some moderate facet arthritis primarily at c2 and c3. It also shows an incomplete fusion of the posterior arch of c1 and mild cervical s...  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cervical spine abnormalities can cause vertigo but not tinnitus. A zygomatic bone fracture can be a cause of tinnitus if it is impinging on the mandible. But that would be more due to chewing and movements of the lower jaw, and sinusitis can also cause tinnitus if it...  Read Full »

Is lower back pain after C-section normal?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31 year old woman. I had a C-section before 8 years. Occasionally since then, I am having¬†light to medium pain in the lower back. In the last few months, the pain has increased and is regular now. Especially, in the lower back on the both sides of center bone. I can localize the p...  Read Full »

Dr. Abhishek Dixit

Nephrologist, Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be having sciatic root pains from the lumbar region (back), which is giving you back pain and the pain is radiating towards the leg. You need to do MRI lumbosacral region. You also need to do work up for arthritis, which includes ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation...  Read Full »

I have a problem with breathing often in summer. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a problem in breathing often especially in summers less in winters. It seems some sound while breathing and some chest pain often. My eye power is frequently changing in a short time interval. I cannot focus well on studies on laptop and books offline also. I am feeling this for ...  Read Full »

Dr. Albana Greca

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Problems with breathing during in summer seem to be related to allergy. Chest x-ray and allergy tests are advised to further together with stool examination for ova parasites. Changes in power lens often are due to hormonal changes or working too long in front of co...  Read Full »

Can diabetes patient take Oasoft for arthritis?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is taking Glycomet GP 2, one in the morning and one before dinner, to control her blood sugar. Now, she has developed arthritis. Is it advisable to take Oasoft two tablets twice daily? Which is the better medicine for RA?  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. She has probably osteoarthritis, not RA (rheumatoid arthritis). Oasoft (Glucosamine) is given for osteoarthritis, especially knee. She can take one tablet two times a day. The important is physiotherapy which can be practiced with the help of physiotherapists and w...  Read Full »

Why am I having swelling and pain in the joints with disability to walk?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having severe joint pains for two days. Initially, I had a fever. but now it has subsided but unable to move or walk freely as all joints seemed swollen.  Read Full »

Dr. Ella Maponya

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Acute generalized joint pain is an uncomfortable problem that needs attention as soon as possible especially because you are unable to move or walk freely. Diseases that can cause the kind of joint pain you are having include Gout where uric acid forms crystals that dep...  Read Full »