Common "Arthritis" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq


The swelling or inflammation of one or more joints in the body is called arthritis. Arthritis symptoms include joint pain, stiffness, redness, swelling, and reduced range of motion. The common types of arthritis include ankylosing arthritis, septic arthritis, thumb arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, and juvenile idiopathic arthritis.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Why am I having swelling and pain in the joints with disability to walk?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having severe joint pains for two days. Initially, I had a fever. but now it has subsided but unable to move or walk freely as all joints seemed swollen.  Read Full »

Dr. Ella Phuti Maponya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Acute generalized joint pain is an uncomfortable problem that needs attention as soon as possible especially because you are unable to move or walk freely. Diseases that can cause the kind of joint pain you are having include Gout where uric acid forms crystals that dep...  Read Full »

I have severe low back pain with fatigue and leg pain. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been dealing with severe lower back pain, hip pain, butt and leg pain, fatigue, insomnia, hot and sweaty, pain in my wrist and fingers, and foot pain (on my left foot my toes are curved down and one is curved to the left). I do not know if this has anything to do with arthritis b...  Read Full »

Dr. Peter Bryant Rapsing Grutas

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I am sorry you are having these symptoms. Have you had any laboratory workups done before? How about imaging studies? There are many causes of your current symptoms and this makes it more complicated since you have Arnold-Chiari malformation. This includes autoim...  Read Full »

What to do for knee and leg muscle stiffness in arthritis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from arthritis for about a year. Due to arthritis, I am almost on the bed for six months. Now I am fit but as I was on bed for six months my leg muscles (behind the knee) was badly stiffed and band to 90 degrees. I cannot stretch my legs straight, because the leg muscle...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhav Ramesh Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have studied your case. As per your symptoms you need to do physiotherapy and knee exercises to improve the range of motion. You need to consult a physiotherapist for proper rehabilitation. Initially, quadriceps strengthening and range of motion exercises are import...  Read Full »

I have pain in between the head of the metatarsal joints. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am experiencing intermittent pain in between the head of the first and second metatarsal joints in both feet. There is no apparent limitation to the range of motion. I have also experienced a bit of a stinging pain in and around the big toe joint. Pain occurs while wearing certai...  Read Full »

Dr. Chitrangada Jitendra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Most likely due to improper footwear here is asymmetrical joint space reduction involving the first and second metatarsophalangeal joint, relatively more in the great toe which might be the reason for your pain. Also, your foot radiographs (attachment removed to protect...  Read Full »

I get pain in my fingers while waking up in the morning. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I have pain in my fingers hands and feet in the morning when I wake up. After I do some exercise the pain reduces. What must I do? I am currently on T4 levothyroxine.  Read Full »

Dr. Puri Divya Inder

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it shows that you have a high ANA (antinuclear antibodies). These are antibodies related to arthritis. I suggest that the pain in your fingers and toes may be associated with the same. In...  Read Full »

I have pain in both my feet. Please review my X-ray report.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 40-year-old male having pain in both feet for four to five months. The pain is in the bottom of the feet going from the heel to balls of feet and toes. Enclosed X-ray of feet and foot images. Please suggest diagnosis and treatment. I am not diabetic and my uric acid is normal. R...  Read Full »

Dr. Sharoff Lokesh Mohan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Mostly this appears to be plantar fasciitis but I could not see your X-rays as it is not attached. This is a condition in which the fascia or the tissue at the heel is inflamed, and pain is there especially in the morning after getting up from sleep. I suggest the f...  Read Full »

I have pain in my left knee and wrist. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I was diagnosed with RA two years back and I am taking treatment for the same. My left knee is affected badly and the swelling is not coming down. Initially, I was not able to walk, but now I can walk slowly but cannot climb the staircase or fold my left leg completely. Recently I am ge...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashaq Hussain Parrey

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I went through your post and have seen the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your rheumatoid arthritis is not controlled which is evident from your high ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) of 60. The reason for this is that you are not adequa...  Read Full »

I have been on long-term medication for myelopathy leading to C6 arthritis. How long will the recovery take?

Query: Hello doctor, I suffered from traumatic myelopathy six months ago when I was hit by a car. I had severe arthritis at C6, so the whiplash contused my spinal cord. I do not have motor deficits. I have sensory deficits, mainly in the hips, legs, and feet (back of my arms). The neurologist said I could ...  Read Full »

Dr. Abhishek Juneja

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I understand your concern. Yes, the recovery in such cases is slow and gradual. It may take a year or two at times to get complete relief. Gabapentin should be gradually stopped before starting Pregabalin. When you begin taking tablet Pregabalin (Lyrica), symptoms wil...  Read Full »

I have a severe knee pain and cannot walk without limping. What it could be?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been having severe pain in my left knee for roughly three days now. It is on the inside of the knee and slightly behind the knee cap while standing and with my leg straight. When it is bent, it is on the outside of the knee too. I cannot put any weight on it, cannot walk properly...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Sudden onset of pain at this generally indicates traumatic nature of suffering. It is possible that you suffered with some minor injury in last couple of days. The second possibility is an infection in which there may be redness and slight fever over the affected joint...  Read Full »

I get random spurts of pain in my knees and legs. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I get random spurts of pain in my knees and legs like growing pains, but I am 22 years old, so it cannot be growing pains. It gets too uncomfortable sometimes to the point I have to take painkillers. I am not on any medication. Please help.Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Random spurts of pain in your knees and legs that feel like growing pains but occur in adulthood could be a sign of various underlying conditions. Here are a few possibilities: 1. Overuse injuries: If you have been engaging in repetitive motions or high-impact activi...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.