Arthritis

How to get rid of pain in the thumb due to excess straining?

Query: Hi doctor, I would like to ask for your advice about the pain at the base of my right thumb. I suspect this is the result of what I did back before two months, I always squeeze a lemon fruit using my hands. This pain started last month and still continues to this day. I feel pain when I stretch o...  Read Full »

Dr. Mudabbir

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I totally understand that you are suffering from first metacarpophalangeal joint arthritis. This condition occurs when you involve in repeated twisting motion of the thumb. This is partly confirmed by the vague bulge at the joint region. I would suggest you to get an x-...  Read Full »

What causes swollen fingers with no pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I would like an opinion as to why the ring finger on my son’s left hand is swollen, the middle finger is a little swollen and possibly some fingers on his right hand are too (but less so). They are not painful. This started about a year ago, a rheumatologist saw him then and th...  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the history and the pictures along with the reports. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would like to ask you a few more questions to conclude the diagnosis and how to proceed further with it. Does he complain of early morning s...  Read Full »

Can a childhood shoulder fracture cause pain after growing up?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from pain in my right shoulder, hip, knee, foot and lower back. I have a bunion on my right foot. I sometimes feel that my hip is not in place and if moved wrong it will result in knee pain. I broke my collar bone as a child and I am not sure if that would be causing any sh...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The cause of your pain could be arthritis, low calcium levels and stress. But, looking at your symptoms it is most probably due to osteoarthritis. Clavicle or collar bone fracture does not present with such symptoms so late. I would suggest you to consult an orthopedician...  Read Full »

Are low back pain, leg pian and fatigue connected to Arnold-Chiari malformation surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been dealing with severe lower back pain, hip pain, butt and leg pain, fatigue, insomnia, hot and sweaty, pain in wrist and fingers, foot pain (left foot my toes are curved down and one is curved to the left). I do not know if this has anything to do with arthritis but there ar...  Read Full »

Dr. Peter Grutas

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry you are having these symptoms. Have you had any laboratory workups done before? How about imaging studies? There are many causes of your current symptoms and this makes it more complicated since you have Arnold-Chiari malformation. This includes autoimmu...  Read Full »

Which food should be avoided for arthritis?

Query: Hello doctor, What are the worst foods for your arthritis? Mention the name of the first food and why it can negatively affect or worsen arthritis symptoms? I am hoping to highlight inflammatory foods, foods high in sugar, foods high in saturated and trans fat, and dairy which may be a cause for a...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are some lifestyle and nutrition recommendations that can be given to any patient suffering from arthritis that may help reduce the pain. Diet rich in omega-3 and antioxidants. Some studies have shown that omega-3 help decrease swelling or inflammation and the...  Read Full »

Why do I have trigger problems in the middle finger of both hands?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having trigger problem in the middle finger of my left hand over a year. But, the same finger of my right hand has now developed the same problem. They are especially bad in the morning and it is difficult to straighten them. I can feel a very heavy click when I do it. I had blood te...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most important information to know would be x-ray of your hands. There are different types of arthritis like autoimmune, osteoarthritis and gout. It could also become worse with your new medications as they can cause bone loss and pain. It may also occur if you have a...  Read Full »

I feel muscle tightness in both feet while sleeping. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35 year old male. For the past two years, I am suffering from muscle pain near ankle and also have muscle tightness in both feet while sleeping. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your problems could be due to arthritis of ankle joint or due to bone weakness. I recommend you to get the following tests done and revert back with reports. C-reactive protein (CRP), serum uric acid, serum vitamin D3 levels and rheumatoid arthritis (RA factor). ...  Read Full »

What to do for knee and leg muscle stiffness in arthritis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from arthritis for about a year. Due to arthritis, I am almost on the bed for six months. Now I am fit but as I was on bed for six months my leg muscles (behind the knee) was badly stiffed and band to 90 degrees. I cannot stretch my legs straight, because the leg muscl...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhav Ramesh Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have studied your case. As per your symptoms you need to do physiotherapy and knee exercises to improve the range of motion. You need to consult a physiotherapist for proper rehabilitation. Initially, quadriceps strengthening and range of motion exercises are impo...  Read Full »

What are the health implications due to raised ESR and SGPT?

Query: Hello doctor, My friend has a disc bulge and lipping osteophytes. She is using a belt now to support her back. She is now experiencing continuous pain, though not unbearable. When she had the blood reports, her erythrocyte sedimentation rate is 40 mm/hr and her SGPT is 38 U/L, both above the refere...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhav Ramesh Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have studied your case with diligence. I have seen the reports also. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Raised ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) with raised SGPT (serum glutamic pyruvic transaminase) suggest the possibility of polyarthritis. You...  Read Full »

Pleas suggest a solution to get rid of long term joint pain.

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 57 years old, and suffering from joint pain for the last 20 years and still not able to get rid off it. We just got her full body checkup done. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Chintan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand you told me about joint pain in general. It will be better if you let me know which joints are affected and how severe it is? You can send me the reports as well.  Read Full »