Q. Can I take Ashwagandha along with other medicines for OCD?

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Is Ashwagandha a general medicine? Is it fine taking it for OCD along with other drugs like Nootropil 800 and Serta 50?

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

#

Ashwagandha is a well known Ayurvedic herb. Mostly used as a general tonic to rejuvenate the body. It helps to reduce stress and anxiety by regulating the nervous system. Ashwagandha is serving as a medicine in several forms like powder, tablet, capsules, syrup, paste, etc. It has several benefits. It improves body immunity, reduces mental stress, provides healthy sleep, improve vital activities and several others.

Yes, you can take Ashwagandha as general medicine. But dose and duration of medications should be according to your body condition.
And yes it is fine to take this medicine in
OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder) along with other medications.

| 

What are the side effects of Tizanidine?

Query: Hello doctor, I started taking 2 mg of Tizanidine today due to severe spasms. I am directed to take one in the morning and two before bed. I was advised to take a total of 6 mg per day. However, I am having the issues of dizziness and lightheadedness, sweating, agitation and anxiousness, super crazy...  Read Full »

Can Ashwagandha and Shilajit be used for fatigue due to masturbation?

Query: Hi doctor, Earlier in my life I had the problem of over-masturbation. This was related to my mental depression as well. However, I have recovered from the habit of over-masturbation. But, still I masturbate once in four days. This causes fatigue, back pain and leg pain. Can I use supplements such as...  Read Full »

Will taking Ashwagandha for perimenopause symptoms cause any side-effects?

Query: Hello doctor, I am thinking of using Ashwagandha supplements (400 mg) to help with my perimenopause symptoms. I would like to have an extensive list of side effects if there are any. I have no known illnesses and take no medications apart from Omega 3 twice a day.  Read Full »

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now