Q. Can I take Ashwagandha along with other medicines for OCD?

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Is Ashwagandha a general medicine? Is it fine taking it for OCD along with other drugs like Nootropil 800 and Serta 50?

#

Ashwagandha is a well known Ayurvedic herb. Mostly used as a general tonic to rejuvenate the body. It helps to reduce stress and anxiety by regulating the nervous system. Ashwagandha is serving as a medicine in several forms like powder, tablet, capsules, syrup, paste, etc. It has several benefits. It improves body immunity, reduces mental stress, provides healthy sleep, improve vital activities and several others.

Yes, you can take Ashwagandha as general medicine. But dose and duration of medications should be according to your body condition.
And yes it is fine to take this medicine in
OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder) along with other medications.

|