Q. What are the side effects of Tizanidine?

Dr. Danish Qureshi
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 18, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 28, 2021

I started taking 2 mg of Tizanidine today due to severe spasms. I am directed to take one in the morning and two before bed. I was advised to take a total of 6 mg per day. However, I am having the issues of dizziness and lightheadedness, sweating, agitation and anxiousness, super crazy dreams that wake me up, hallucinations (seeing or hearing things) and dry mouth. I am trying to determine how long these side effects will continue or if I need to seek immediate attention. Kindly suggest your expert opinion. Previously, there was nerve damage due to a traumatic C-section where both the uterus and bladder were injured. Both the injured organs were repaired, but I am dealing with sympathetic nerve pain. Currently, I am also on regular Zoloft 50 mg.

#

• Tizanidine along with Sertraline is known for severe drug interactions.
  • The severity of your side effects signifies that you are having intense side effects and interactions.
  • You should immediately contact your nearby physician and get yourself examined.

For further information consult a pharmacologist online -->  https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/pharmacologist

|