Atrial Flutter

Is ablation necessary for atrial flutter?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been diagnosed with atrial flutter. I have been in this condition three times in the last two years.¬†This is flutter and not fibrillation. Two years ago, I was stuck in atrial flutter, for three weeks. After being on an anticoagulant for three weeks, I went through a successful e...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the detailed query and I have reviewed every aspect of it to come to a point of decision that may be better for you in the long run. The probability of getting unsure and unplanned episodes of atrial flutter seems to be high enough to warrant a procedural ablat...  Read Full »

My heart was fine 12 months ago. Suddenly, I developed too many problems. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24 year old female who has celiac disease and was recently diagnosed with cardiomyopathy, a left bundle branch block (starts I believe when my pulse gets above 80). I had atrial flutter and had an electrophysiology study, where they ablated some arrhythmias, and during the proc...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand all your concerns. From what you mentioned, the medications that you take for the heart failure like the diuretics may be responsible for the great majority of your symptoms like the dry eyes, the ear problem, sore joints. So, I suggest that you tell me ...  Read Full »

Shall I get chemical stress test to know the reason for tachycardia?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 55 year old postmenopausal woman, who is 223 pounds and 5 foot 8 inches height. I have no known heart conditions except for many PVCs and PACs. I was recently diagnosed and picked up on a 48-hour Holter with atrial flutter. My doctor did not say that I had aFib. Doctor wants me ...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Episodic tachycardia in the setting of PAC and PVC (premature atrial and ventricular contractions) is suggestive of arrhythmia, may be atrial fibrillation or flutter. We should try to find the cause for it. Do you smoke or have alcohol or any other stimulant drugs...  Read Full »