Q. Which valve would be best for my mitral stenosis, biological or mechanical?

Answered by Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Mitral Stenosis or Valve Replacement? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My mother is 59-years-old and has mitral stenosis. CMV was done 35 years back. Now recently she had a heartbeat of 150 and atrial flutter, and she was on Acitrom previously. She has undergone DC cardioversion shock. Now latest ECG shows atrial ectopic and her heart rate is 70 to 80. Can she undergo operation soon? If yes, which valve would be best for her biological or mechanical? Which is the best and latest generation biological valve in the world market?