Atropine

Is it possible to correct myopia naturally?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 7 years old with -7 power myopia. Can it be corrected naturally?  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Myopia is a progressive condition, and the progression depends on the pattern of eye growth and development, which is not predicted accurately. Avoid keeping books, and mobile phones very close to the eyes while reading. Sitting very close to the TV or computer must be ...  Read Full »

Diagnosed with spherical powers in eyes,How to control the progression of myopia?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 5.5 years old, and he has been diagnosed with spherical powers of -3.5 and -4.0 in both eyes respectively. I am tensed considering his age. The local doctors say that the power will increase with age. How much would it increase? And are there any means to control it?  Read Full »

Dr. Chandrashekhar Kale

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your child has myopia and usually, minus spherical number increases with body growth and age. However, it is very difficult to predict how much it will increase nor are there any means to prevent it. He needs to wear his glasses constantly for maximum visual improvemen...  Read Full »

How to correct my 8 months old daughter's squint?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 8 months old. She is having a squint or misaligned eyes. Please let me know the treatment.  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First, we need to check if the squint is a true squint or pseudo squint. If it is a true squint then, the first step is cycloplegic refraction. We will instill Atropine ointment for three days, and then we will check if any glasses are required or not. If there is a signi...  Read Full »

Is atropine recommended for progressive myopia?

Query: Hi doctor,My daughter is 6 years old. She has progressive myopia. She has a high spherical number in her right eye, which is -3.5 and left eye -1.75. She also has a constant cylindrical number which is -3.25 in the right eye and -2.25 in the left eye. According to her pediatric ophthalmologist, the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Chandrashekhar Kale

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Some studies show that atropine treatment prevents progression of myopia to some extent. Hence, some doctors recommend it for progressive myopia. However, 1% dosage is high. The actual dosage is 0.01%. This treatment needs to be continued till at least 14 to 15 years...  Read Full »

Please suggest some medicine to cope with my stomach pain and diarrhea.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20 year old female. My height is 5'8" and weight is approximately 140 lbs. The only medication I am on right now is birth control pill. I woke up three days ago with diarrhea and terrible stomach pains. I felt nauseous, but I have never thrown up. The diarrhea has been persistent,...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Deshwal

General Medicine Physician, HIV AIDS Specialist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Though Lomotil (Diphenoxylate and Atropine) is not a drug, which needs to be recommended for routine use in diarrheal settings as this drug decreases the motility of gut, which can sometimes allow toxins to be absorbed in the gut. Since you have got an important exam, thi...  Read Full »