Q. A tooth from upper jaw came out before three hours. What to do?

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana

A tooth from my upper jaw came out before three hours. I do not have pain. What to do?

#

Please mention whether it came on its own or due to trauma. You need to keep the wound clean and do not touch the area repeatedly. Avoid sucking the wound. Avoid taking medications like antibiotics or painkillers for the first 24 hours. Avoid gargling and using mouth wash. We cannot replant the tooth fallen from the mouth and present in the air for more than an hour and if is not preserved properly.

I do not have wound and pain there. The tooth came out when I was trying to eat a hard biscuit. Automatically, I started to have saliva in the mouth from the small open space. I am attaching the picture of the tooth. I kept the broken tooth in milk as I read it on the internet.

#

Yes, I have gone through the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I saw it from the coronal view which means I saw it from the top. I cannot conclude from the picture whether the tooth is present with full root or not. If your tooth is present with the whole root, then there is no need to worry and you do not need any further action. If you have only the crown portion, then we have to remove the root from the tooth space. For that, you should take a picture of the avulsed tooth from the side view and upload it.

|