Dental Trauma

Is it possible to refix the tooth fallen from the tooth socket?

Query: Hi doctor,A tooth from my upper jaw came out before three hours. I do not have pain. What to do?  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please mention whether it came on its own or due to trauma. You need to keep the wound clean and do not touch the area repeatedly. Avoid sucking the wound. Avoid taking medications like antibiotics or painkillers for the first 24 hours. Avoid gargling and using mouth wa...  Read Full »

Does lingering tooth pain indicate pulp infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a lingering toothache in the lower left central incisor. Are there any problems with the pulp of that tooth?  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Joshi

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please be calm. Thanks for the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). See, it seems to be internal resorption in one of your teeth that is left central incisor. The teeth are showing dilaceration also. I suggest you get RCT (Root canal treatment) d...  Read Full »

How to manage the decayed teeth of a 4-year-old child?

Query: Hello doctor, My son has a decayed tooth from the age of two. After slipping down accidentally, one of his teeth broke in half. Day-by-day adjacent teeth are also getting decayed. However, when I consulted a local doctor, he said that these are milk teeth, and there is nothing to worry about. But, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is your dentist. I went through your query, and the attached image <attachment removed to protect patient identity>. I am very sorry for the kid's discomfort. Caries are present in the lower right deciduous first and second molars (milk tooth). Kindly let...  Read Full »

Should I consult a dentist for gingival thickening at a particular area?

Query: Hello doctor, On my lower gum below the roots of my front teeth, I have a pale area that looks slightly thicker than the surrounding gum line. At first, I thought it could be a mouth ulcer, but it does not taste like an ulcer and does not hurt. I noticed it a month ago, but it could have been there...  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query and also seen the attached images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Although the images could be much clear and as you have used the flash the image is brighter than normal. But as a specialist, I can assure you nothing t...  Read Full »

Is it necessary to remove a tooth that is cracked inside the crown?

Query: Hello doctor, When a tooth is cracked inside a crown, is it necessary to remove it? The root canal is from 30 years ago. I got hit two weeks ago which caused the trauma to the tooth.  Read Full »

Dr. Asma Parveen

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In case of a fractured tooth, it is always advisable to get it extracted especially in cases of a tooth with a crown. I would like to know whether you are having pain now and when did you come to know about the fracture? Revert with more information to a dentist online...  Read Full »

My front tooth is moving after a hard bite. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have bitten an olive pit accidentally, and now, one of my front teeth is moving. There is no pain, and I have a slight sensitivity to cold and hot foods. But now I cannot bite anything using my front teeth. Please advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Soheel Hussain Zargar

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is a case of mobility due to trauma on the teeth. The sensitivity and mild pain are due to inflammation around the teeth. Follow these medications. Take tablet Acelofenac 100 mg along with Paracetamol 500 mg two times a day for five days. It reduces the swelling, and...  Read Full »

My front tooth is loose. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My permanent incisor tooth number 10 is little loose and bled once. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through your question. I can understand your concern about your loose tooth. Your tooth number specifies upper left lateral incisor, which has the smallest root among the upper teeth and is vulnerable to any difficult circumstances. I suggest you get an IOPA (i...  Read Full »

What can these white patches in my mouth be?

Query: Hello doctor, I have developed a few white patches in my mouth for few days. The image is attached herewith. Is it just a fungal infection or something else? What medicine do you suggest? There is no pain or bleeding. It is not increasing in size. I never had anything like this previously. I never s...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumar Ashutosh

Family Physician, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please let me know following things. Exactly for how long has this lesion been there? Is this kind of lesion present in any other site in the mouth? Is there a sharp tooth near the lesion? Is there any history of toothbrush trauma? Also, please send a clear image of ...  Read Full »

My daughter fell and broke her two front teeth. How to manage the situation?

Query: Hi doctor,My 6 year old daughter fell and broke her two front teeth. Please check the photos. I am on my way to a physician, and the blood is almost stopped. But, I want to know your opinion of the situation. Is it dangerous?  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have to get her to a dentist. To remove the dangling milk tooth and stitch the area if laceration is present. Apply ice over the area of trauma. It does not seem to be much problem as the tooth appears to be a milk tooth and thus even if it goes, the next teeth wi...  Read Full »

My gum was accidentally injured during dental treatment. Will it get infected?

Query: Hi doctor,I went to the dentist five days ago for three fillings and he also cut my gum. I forgot what he called it, and I guess it as periodontal. It is burning because of gingivitis. As of two days ago, my gum on the opposite side was swollen and visible when I smile. It hurts to eat, touch, or ev...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.The accidental cut of the gums at the dental clinic will not infect the gums. It might bleed for a few minutes and stop. Also, the gums would have been healed by now.The swelling you are talking about should be for some other reason. The description of pain you give makes ...  Read Full »