Azathioprine

Is there any alternate for steroid drugs?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is taking steroids for the past six months, and he is facing a lot of issues concerning the side effects of the medicines. Please have a look at the attached details of the problems faced by him till date. You had also told us that the medication he is taking would have side ef...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, most of these side effects are attributed to steroids, which were going on in high doses for the initial few weeks. Now the dose is significantly reduced by his treating doctor to 6 mg only, so most of his side effects will gradually subside. Next, regar...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest the safe drugs for lupus during the third-trimester.

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 7.5 months pregnant (third trimester). She has been diagnosed with lupus before conceiving. Now she is taking Deflacort 24 mg and taking the Injection Cardinex. She is continuing so. Is it safe to consume Deflacort 24 mg at this phase? She also has an allergy. What shall be...  Read Full »

Dr. Nupoor Acharya

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have not mentioned the symptoms of your wife. The treatment of lupus depends on the symptoms and severity of the disease. Some lupus medicines cannot be given during pregnancy. Medicines like Hydroxychloroquine, steroids, Azathioprine are relatively saf...  Read Full »

Please suggest the latest treatment for non-specific interstitial pneumonia.

Query: Hi doctor, For the past five years, I have been suffering from non-specific interstitial pneumonia. Initially, I used Deltacortril and Imuran for a year and then till now I am only using Imuran two tablets in the morning and one in the evening. While going to sleep, I use 1 L/min oxygen. I do like t...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. NSIP, non-specific interstitial pneumonia is a chronic disease of interstitial pneumonia. The treatment of disease runs long term. If you stop the treatment early, there is more chance of relapse and the disease will not be controlled with the same medicines. Coming t...  Read Full »

Will Mometasone help in atropic dermatitis flareup?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been experiencing flare-ups for weeks now. I do not know if this has something to do with the change of weather. I have been having trouble sleeping lately since I am very uncomfortable right now. I am using Cetaphil gentle wash and shampoo because my scalp gets itchy as well. I a...  Read Full »

Dr. Vikash Paudel

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Atopic dermatitis is relatively more sort of relapsing with seasonal aggravation. It has a genetic and familial component as well. If you have severe symptoms which is hampering your daily activities you need to start with systemic immunosuppressants like Prednisolone ...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for PAN and multiple aneurysms?

Query: Hello doctor, My 21 years old daughter suffered from severe abdominal pain and vomiting one month back. I consulted a local physician for treatment. He gave some antibiotics, but no relief. I consulted gastrologist too. He prescribed some medicines, but no relief. He advised me to do the abdominal ...  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query. The diagnosis of Polyarteritis nodosa looks quite certain. Microaneurysms, high blood pressure, and high CRP are favoring it as well. I understood that she had been started on steroids and Azoran (Azathioprine). My personal recommendat...  Read Full »

Is it fine to take Prednisone and Azathioprine for autoimmune hepatitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been itching throughout my body, especially after eating, for about two years. I noticed fatigue and shortness of breath about 18 months ago. I stopped smoking before seven years. I stopped drinking before a year as my upper abdominal area started paining after drinking. Before fi...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are a few important facts I would want you to consider. We have to rule out other forms of hepatitis like viral hepatitis, amyloid or iron deposition, NASH (nonalcoholic steatohepatitis) and alcoholic liver disease. All three markers are non-specific; ant...  Read Full »

How is vitiligo on lips treated?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter has vitiligo on her lower lip. It came to our notice this year, and we consulted a doctor immediately. The doctor gave Dicaris 150 mg to be taken on the weekends of every week for four months. She finished 32 Dicaris tablets so far. She also used Melbild lotion at night and s...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaunak Patel

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I appreciate you going at length in explaining me the exact medicine regimen. You are well in time and not late, so do not worry. I normally give tablet Azathioprine taking into consideration the weight factor. After the stabilization has been achieved in about a coupl...  Read Full »

I have been suffering from itchy skin and red patches on the foreskin. What could be the root cause?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from itchy skin since early this year. My doctor does not know the reason for this itching. I had a blood test a few weeks ago, which came back fine. It is mostly itchy on my scalp, upper arms and back. I have been on Telfast to help with the itching and Daktacort ...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send the photographs of other affected areas too to help you better. Thank you.  Read Full »

Does protein leak from the larger filter of kidney in nephrotic syndrome?

Query: Hi doctor, I heard that in nephrotic syndrome the filtering unit of kidney becomes larger and so protein comes in urine. I am a patient of cortisone dependent nephrotic syndrome over 15 years. Doctor says that about 95 percent of children will get cured at the age of 18. I am 17 years old now. When...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you have heard the things right. Due to increased pore there is protein in urine. The best treatment remains the Cortisone. In cases where there is no response to Cortisone as evidenced by persistence of albumin in urine, we need to shift those patients on Cyclopho...  Read Full »

The white spots on my skin are spreading fast. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have some small white spots on my skin of the legs, from the past two years. I was taking homeopathic medicines for it. From the past six to seven months, some new patches are coming on my face. These spots are spreading fast, and it has become a serious issue. Kindly suggest some quick...  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is vitiligo and since new patches are appearing it is called unstable vitiligo. How many patches are there over your body other than your neck? I suggest you try using the following: Tacrolimus 0.1 % ointment once a day. Melgain or Melbild lotion (Deca Peptide)...  Read Full »