Azelaic Acid

I am getting lumps in both armpits. Are these lumps serious?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 22 year old female. I am getting lumps in my armpits and they are painful. I sweat a lot. I have dark underarms and it is itching too. Are these lumps something serious? Should I consult a doctor?  Read Full »

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Dermatologist, Venereologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Cosmetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query in detail and viewed the attached picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and do understand your concern.  Read Full »

Please suggest chemical peels for rosacea.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old male. My height is 5'5", and weight is 69 kg. I have been suffering from acne, redness and often small, red, pus-filled bumps on my face since I am 14. I visited a lot of dermatologists, but they never able to identify the reason. I have got prescriptions and that never...  Read Full »

Dr. Sunil Kothiwala

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Rosacea is a condition which may get aggravates during season change, temperature change, exercise, alcohol and stress. In rosacea, skin becomes very sensitive, and you cannot apply for any other medicines. As you said treatment prescribed by the previous doctor worked fo...  Read Full »

Why is there redness on cheeks?

Query: Hello doctor, I have redness on my cheeks that is not acne. I have used Sodium Sulfacetamide as a wash and Benzoyl Peroxide gel which just seem to worsen the condition. I have struggled with this issue and cannot seem to find a solution.  Read Full »

Dr. Albana Greca

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the photo, it seems like rosacea (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is a common skin disease characterized by a tendency to blush or flush more easily than other people. Treatment consists of preventing the aggravation of symptoms. This is poss...  Read Full »

How to get rid of melasma?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old male. I am having melasma over the last eight years. I am using Lookbrite cream at night and Melalite and Dermadew lotion in the morning with Suncros sunscreen SPF 26. But when I stop using it, the melasma increases. It becomes more darken on cheeks and nose. Please su...  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your question and understood your concern. Melasma can relapse. Therefore, you must continue with a maintenance regime once your melasma clears. I suggest you to use a higher SPF sunscreen like Sebamed sunscreen SPF 50+. In addition I would suggest you t...  Read Full »

Can I switch from Metronidazole to Soolantra cream for rosacea?

Query: Hello doctor, I live in a tropical country, where the exposure to the sun is too much. My skin used to be fair before moving to this country. Back in my country, I used to never go out in the sun. After I moved here, my skin is burnt. It was red at first, and then the blood vessels were visible. I s...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Indeed your images (attachment removed to protect patient identity) are more in favor of acne rosacea. This is a chronic and recurrent condition characterized by erythema with flushing sensation, predominantly affecting the cheeks. The management of rosacea needs to be h...  Read Full »

I am facing acne problem and skin looks dull and dead. Please suggest.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33 year old female. I have acne on my face. After delivery, I put on weight (74 kg) and today I am 66 kg. I have used hormonal tablets for six months till February due to periods problem. Now, I am not using any tablets and my periods are regular. Almost for four months, I am f...  Read Full »

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not worry. Acne in your case is due to the hormonal changes which occurred due to the medicines you took in February and due to childbirth. But, just relax, it may take some time, like up to four months, but it will be fine. Apply Skinoren cream (Azelaic acid) in ve...  Read Full »

There are pigmentation points on cheeks during pregnancy. Kindly advise.

Query: Hello doctor, The patient is my wife. She is 30. She is seven months pregnant. This is the second pregnancy. She complains of pigmentation points on cheeks and hair loss increased as pregnancy is progressing. Her diet is alright. Endocrine reports are fine. Face pigmentation and hair loss is causin...  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted your concern and I have viewed the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I suggest her to use a broad spectrum sunscreen such as Sunstop 30 or Suncros soft sunscreen. Reapply every two to three hours throughout the day. At night, she m...  Read Full »

What medicines can be taken for pimples?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old and I am having pimples for the past two years. Please suggest treatment.  Read Full »

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For acne, I suggest you can take Azithromycin 500 mg thrice a week and repeat the medicine the next week. So, you take six tablets in two weeks. This tablet is to be taken half hour before breakfast. I suggest you can also use Saslic Face Wash twice daily. Drink p...  Read Full »