Q. Kindly explain the test results of azoospermia.

Dr. Nadia Khan
Published on Aug 25, 2019

I am diagnosed with azoaspermia, I also went for FSH, LH, and testosterone test. The results are as follows FSH 20.290, LH 11.92, testosterone:2.55. I need you to explain these results to me.

Dr. Nadia Khan

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

This result means that you have undergone testicular insufficiecy, failure which means that testis in your body are not producing enough testosterone hormone to complete the process of sperm formation. Testicular insufficiency is being conformed by the elevated levels of FSH and LH which are being shown in your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Can a Man Father a Child Without Any Sperm in His Semen?

Article Overview: The absence of sperm in semen is called azoospermia. If you are suffering from this condition, you can get it treated, which will increase the chances of you becoming a biological father. Read Article

What Is Azoospermia? About 1% of males in general population suffer from azoospermia or lack of sperms in semen. Azoospermia can be due to either a block in reproductive tract (Obstructive Azoospermia) or lack of production in the testis (Non-obstructive Azoospermia). Usually it is diagnosed when a...  Read Article

Why is there an increase in PSA while taking testosterone replacement therapy?

Query: Hi doctor, My prostate-specific antigen (PSA) value has got increased by 30 % from 0.8 ng/mL to 1.1 ng/mL. I am in testosterone replacement therapy also. Please advice.  Read Full »

Am I gaining weight because of low testosterone level?

Query: Hello doctor, My current weight is 92 kg, and my height is 5 feet 8 inches. I have a regular weight gain problem. In the past, I have got done tests like thyroid, testosterone, and cortisol. Please advise if any other test can be done to diagnose a problem. I have a very strict diet and exercise....  Read Full »