Q. Kindly explain the test results of azoospermia.

Dr. Nadia Khan

I am diagnosed with azoaspermia, I also went for FSH, LH, and testosterone test. The results are as follows FSH 20.290, LH 11.92, testosterone:2.55. I need you to explain these results to me.

Do you have a question on Azoospermia or Testosterone?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Nadia Khan

M.B.B.S
Obstetrics And Gynaecology

This result means that you have undergone testicular insufficiecy, failure which means that testis in your body are not producing enough testosterone hormone to complete the process of sperm formation. Testicular insufficiency is being conformed by the elevated levels of FSH and LH which are being shown in your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Also Read Answers From: Azoospermia Testosterone

Can a Man Father a Child Without Any Sperm in His Semen?
Article Overview: The absence of sperm in semen is called azoospermia. If you are suffering from this condition, you can get it treated, which will increase the chances of you becoming a biological father.  Read Article

What Is Azoospermia? About 1% of males in general population suffer from azoospermia or lack of sperms in semen. Azoospermia can be due to either a block in reproductive tract (Obstructive Azoospermia) or lack of production in the testis (Non-obstructive Azoospermia). Usually it is diagnosed when a ...  Read Article

Why is there an increase in PSA while taking testosterone replacement therapy?
Query: Hi doctor, My prostate-specific antigen (PSA) value has got increased by 30 % from 0.8 ng/mL to 1.1 ng/mL. I am in testosterone replacement therapy also. Please advice.  Read Full >>
Dr. Devendra
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The absolute PSA (prostate-specific antigen) level is in the range where it is not of much concern. But the rise in PSA is bothersome if it rises more than 0.75 ng/mL per year. For a young patient like you, even this rise in rate needs to be assessed. Testosterone repla...  Read Full

Am I gaining weight because of low testosterone level?
Query: Hello doctor, My current weight is 92 kg, and my height is 5 feet 8 inches. I have a regular weight gain problem. In the past, I have got done tests like thyroid, testosterone, and cortisol. Please advise if any other test can be done to diagnose a problem. I have a very strict diet and exercise....  Read Full >>
Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.I have read through your query in detail. Please find my observations below. If obesity runs in your family, then that might have influenced your weight gain. Such weight gain is genetic and therefore if your parents and relatives have a tendency of obesity then it is ge...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now