Baby Aspirin

Can Evista be given for a diabetic?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a type 1 diabetic. I have been prescribed Evista as I have precancerous cells in my breasts. I have had multiple biopsies done in the past 5 years and they were always benign. I am concerned about the harsh side effects of Evista. I cannot sit for extended periods of time as blood cl...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the details you have posted. I can understand your anxiety because of multiple medications and side effects of medications. Kindly understand that you need to be on Evista (Raloxifene) because of precancerous cells, which may progress to invasiv...  Read Full »

Can diabetes be the reason for my multiple erections during sleep?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 56 years old, diabetic with high blood pressure. In the last four years, when I am sleeping I have multiples erections, dreams and not a calm night of sleep. My wife always complains and we argue because during day time I have no desires and it is very hard to have an erection an...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, you will need good control of your sugar levels. It will help with the erection problem and sleep. Start a good exercise regimen and lose some weight. Also search on the internet for Kegel's exercises and do them daily. It will help strengthen the muscles at t...  Read Full »

Is it too risky to take low-dose Aspirin every day for years?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 30 year old female. I had a blood clot at 24 and have been taking baby aspirin every day since I came off Coumadin. I have read a lot about the long term risks of Aspirin on the GI and the brain. I would like to come off my daily dose. Are there long-term effects with my six years o...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed your health query and can well understand your worries. No, this is not such a high dose that it may have caused issues to the blood vessels or brain. It is the safest dosage of Aspirin and is rather protective to the blood vessels at large. It will no...  Read Full »

Kindly comment on my general blood test.

Query: Hello doctor, I recently took a general blood test. I request you to go through my blood test report and give me suggestions. Especially, I would like to mention about high-sensitivity C-reactive protein (hs-CRP) using nephelometry mg/L, where the reference range is 4.69. Any of your proposals wil...  Read Full »

Dr. Rishu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through all your reports in details (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Most of the work up is perfectly normal, except a few borderline elevations in LFT (liver function tests), which are not significant. You CRP is very high. CRP is a marker...  Read Full »