Q. I have back pain with shivering in left leg. Can it cause paralysis?

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

I m 28 yrs old i met an accident last year due to this there is injury in my back bone disc l5 and S1. Doctor has done the surgery but i have pain in my back for last 1 week i want to that is their is big issue. My left leg has also have some pain and severing i m tensed that can i get paralysis due to this? Can i m be sexually active or not because i m going to marry soon?

#

Hello

I read your concern...The injury what you had at the time of accident would have got corrected following surgery. So don't keep that thing in mind. Back pain can occur due to various reason... So need to know what got you current pain and correct it... Even a simple unaccustomed posture can lead to pain in the back..

You are unlikely to get paralysed as your injury is much below the level of cord to paralyse you..Absolutely nothing to worry..You can by all means get married... Nothing will be a issue for your future..Even if there is any disc leison most of the time that will get resolved with couple of exercises...I recommend you to..Do lot of icing frequently... In your back for now to get pain reduced..Do involve in strengthening activities.. Gym.. Walking and running...Do maintain good posture whenever possible...Do let me know incase you have any further questions....

| 

Related Video

Kindly suggest treatment for unilateral paralysis of the diaphragm.

Query: Hi doctor, What health implications have been observed with a unilateral paralysis of the diaphragm? I have had a plication performed, but it failed and is back to the original issue. Currently, I am suffering from shortness of breath, chest pain with dizzy spells and increased heart rate. I am on P...  Read Full »

Understanding Low Back Pain

Article Overview: Low back pain is commonly found in young and school going individuals these days unlike it was believed as a disease of old age. So this is a small article giving a basic understanding of low back pain in the young hard working generation. Read Article

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Low back pain is the second most common ailment with common cold being the first. Previously, low back pain was considered age-related, that is, mostly seen in older individuals. So, it was considered a pain due to weak muscles and weak bones. But nowadays, back pain is quite common in the young pop...  Read Article

Had cervical polypectomy and experiencing back pain. Will it subside in time?

Query: Hi doctor, I had cervical polypectomy and was told to expect brown discharge. Now experiencing cramping, minor bleeding, vinegar smell, and severe back pain, to the point that I am dizzy and nauseous. A couple of days earlier had a bunch of discharge that looked like dark reddish and orangish skin....  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a Physiotherapist Now