Q. I have severe pain in the lower back region. Please suggest a remedy.

Dr. Joshua
Published on Nov 29, -0001 and last reviewed on: Nov 06, 2018

I have severe pain in the lower back region. I have this problem for a few days. The pain is present only on the lower back just above the hips. I feel stiffness and pain in the lower back in the mornings. I have the pain radiating towards my upper spine when I squeeze the upper back muscles. After a few hours, my pain goes away and comes back again after a night sleep. I always do weightlifting at home. Please suggest a remedy.

Dr. Joshua

Chiropractor
#

You have a muscle spasm. Evaluate your sleeping conditions and ensure that you are sleeping on a supportive mattress that is not over seven years old. When sleeping on your back, place small support under the lower back and knees. You can use a small pillow or rolled towel. When resting on the side, keep a medium size pillow between your knees to keep your pelvis straight. Try sleeping on a heating pad. Do light lower back stretches every morning and every night in every direction.

I have back pain due to sitting in front of computer for long hours. Kindly advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 27 years old male. I was sitting in front of the computer for more than 10 hours per day for past one month. I have mild pain in my lower back, not a constant pain. the pain either left side or right side but the right side is more time the pain always shift its position. and whil...  Read Full >>

Dr. Jayaprakash Reddy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). According to your complaints, I will suggest you few things. Do not sit in front of the computer for a long time not more than one hour after that at least walk for 2 to 3 minutes and you can get...  Read Full

My lower back hurts a lot. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I have hurt my lower back assumably while pushing a full set of drawers, around four to five months ago. I was in physiotherapy, but I have been discharged and I am waiting to see a specialist. I have been told that it may be an inflammatory problem. My skin is extremely sensitive in my l...  Read Full >>

Dr. Shakti Mishra
Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, go for a diagnostic test like x-ray or MRI, so that we can get confirmed regarding the cause. Before that in order to relieve pain do stretching exercises as follows. Lie down flat (face upward) on a mat, put a long bedsheet or towel behind your both legs an...  Read Full

Can my back pain be due to the tethered spinal cord?

Query: Hello doctor, It is about nine months since I have had L4 hemilaminectomy, L5 foraminotomy and drilling of bone fracture at L4-L5 level. I had an MRI two months later due to severe pain. The MRI report presented inflammation and edema of the back muscles, inflammation of nerve roots, compressi...  Read Full >>

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The tethered cord is a result of fibrosis and inflammation. Your symptoms of back pain and weakened bowel and bladder movements could be explained with the tethered cord.  ...  Read Full

Ask a Chiropractor Now