Q. I have severe pain in the lower back region. Please suggest a remedy.

I have severe pain in the lower back region. I have this problem for a few days. The pain is present only on the lower back just above the hips. I feel stiffness and pain in the lower back in the mornings. I have the pain radiating towards my upper spine when I squeeze the upper back muscles. After a few hours, my pain goes away and comes back again after a night sleep. I always do weightlifting at home. Please suggest a remedy.