Q. I have back pain due to sitting in front of computer for long hours. Kindly advise.

Answered by Dr. Jayaprakash Reddy and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Back Pain or Disc Prolapse? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am 27 years old male. I was sitting in front of the computer for more than 10 hours per day for past one month. I have mild pain in my lower back, not a constant pain. the pain either left side or right side but the right side is more time the pain always shift its position. and while walking my right side bottom thigh got pulling pain at a step in and sometimes my lower limb feel pain. and I feel some weakness in the right leg and while I sit for Iong feel some numbness in my left bud and left bottom thigh.

I have taken MRI and consulted the doctor, the doctor says lumbar spine looking normal. I consulted a radiology specialist and she said the hip and sacroiliac joint MRI essentially looks normal. The lumbar spine mild disc bulges causing radiating pain and numbness in the legs and feet described in detail as below:

1. At L4/L5 level: Mild posterior-central disc bulge is seen indenting the thecal sac and encroaching bilateral neural foramina (right more than left) compressing right exiting nerve roots and abutting left exiting nerve roots. The annular tear is noted at this level.
  2. At L5/S1 level: Mild posterior-central disc bulge is seen indenting the thecal sac without any nerve roots compression.

So, I consult another ortho specialist and he suggested to do physiotherapy and exercise for 10 days now. I completed 14 days but I did not feel any improvement. Previously two months ago I have taken treatment for erectile dysfunction and the doctor suggests taking medicine for one month, but I took for two weeks and stopped the medicine. I do not know any side effects from the tablets. So please advise me to take proper treatment.